No Weight Loss

(James storie) #101

You guys are killing me! :laughing:
And yes @jellybelly you can be fat adapted and insulin resistant. All of us here are to some extent. Insulin resistance takes years to heal in some people. Some, never.

(What The Fast?!) #102

But…but…everyone is a special snowflake!! I kid, I kid…

Look @jellybelly - I get it. When you’ve tried lots of diets (maybe you have?) and you didn’t get results in the past, then it feels like nothing works - specifically for YOU. I was ALWAYS frustrated that I’d do the same diet as other people but it just WOULDN’T WORK! So, when starting keto - if you’re not seeing the immediate results that other people are, it can feel like this too is just another diet that isn’t working for you. The difference is that it WILL, but you have to give it time and be patient. Also, take the advice that people are giving you. Lower your protein to 1g - 1.5g/kg of LBM, keep your total carbs under 20g, and eat lots of fat. It feels like you’re fighting that part. Forget what you know, what you’ve been taught. You don’t have to follow it blindly (the science is there), but if you’re going to actually do it - then do it. Don’t do some weird modified keto plan with higher protein intake than is recommended. Do it the right away. Do it for 6 months. In 6 months, if you still feel no different, then you can start analyzing what things to change - but for now, it sounds like you just need to follow the basics and don’t expect to drop 30 lbs all at once. It’s awesome when that happens, but it doesn’t happen for everyone right away - sometimes your body has other priorities.

@mikki look at me, giving advice…it’s like some of yours actually rubbed off on me!

(Todd Allen) #103

No.

If you keep insulin elevated by eating too many carbs or protein you can largely block tapping into body fat regardless of how much or how little fat you eat.

The fastest/surest way to break through this would be to do a fat only fast with only incidental amounts of carbs & protein from flavorings like coffee, cocoa, cinnamon, citrus especially zest, cranberries, mint, chiles, curry, ginger, garlic, etc. plenty of salt and as little artificial sweetners as you can get by with to make it palatable. Eat as much fat as you need to manage hunger. Coconut as oil, cream or milk is a great first choice because it provides quick energy though it can cause loose stools if you over do it so you’ll want additional fat options.

If fat alone is insufficient to manage your hunger try eating one normal meal a day with protein and some carbs. The insulin spike from the meal should fade and still give your body some time each day with insulin low enough to start releasing body fat.

I probably won’t bother to reply if you have further questions or objections. You’ve been given more than enough info to do this if you really want to and any questions you might have could be answered by searching the archives here. You need to let go of your worries and fears long enough to find your own answers. You already know what isn’t working. Try something else. Keep trying until you get it right. You’ll know when it is right.

Why do you keep saying I’m resisting fat?

I asked specifically about sources of fat because the only sources I can find that don’t add more protein (eg cheese) are essentially liquid and thus how do you add to a meal without turning everything into an unpalatable soup? I already cook in butter, there’s only so much oil/sauce that can practically be added to a meal. This has nothing to do with resistance, and everything to do with what is practical.

Errr…what seems to be the problem? You ask the same question over and over again.

Ok…let’s try this with pictures, instead of words.

Avocado - high in fat, lower in protein

Sour cream - high in fat, lower in protein

Macadamia nuts - high in fat, lower in protein

SPAM - high in fat, lower in protein

Cheese - high in fat, lower in protein

Mayonnaise - high in fat, lower in protein

Olives - high in fat, lower in protein

Ok…be on your way now…be safe and stay out of trouble.

(Wenchie) #106

Spaaaaaam, wonderful spaaaam (sorry, couldn’t help it :joy::joy:)

(Linda) #107

No, never. I tend to eat intuitively. If one thing is not working, I change it up and try something else. If I crave something, I figure it’s my body telling me I need it, so I eat it. I don’t monitor every micronutrient closely to ensure I get just the right amount of everything. I wing it!

I find that ‘real’ food is actually cheaper per gram than the processed rubbish. 1. It satiates you more so you don’t eat as much at each meal and 2. It keeps you full for so much longer that you actually start skipping meals, consequently, you don’t need to buy nearly as much food overall.

@jellybelly I think you just need to stop making excuses and just do it, it’s not that hard. You’ve had guidance from some of the most experienced Keto dudes on this forum, now it’s time to put all that information together and figure out what works for you.

We are all different and we don’t know you personally, so we can’t tell you what will work for you. You need to work that out, just like we all did.
Good luck. :grinning:

(Jeremy Storie) #108

Add mayonnaise. It’s good on almost everything.

(Mike Glasbrener) #109

Looks like my dinner last night. The kids wanted pizza so I purchased a couple for wife and kids. I had mussels, olives cheese and a avocado. Oh and a large glass of ice water. I actually over ate a hair…:innocent:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55207b12e4b01b8a469b0476/t/580d421bff7c505c4eda3d31/1477263903432/

I am doing it. I’ve been doing it for a while.

However I’m not losing weight, nor is my appetite significantly reduced.

Food costs certainly vary from region to region,but here the amount of meat I buy is unfortunately expensive. Breakfast is £7, lunch is almost £6 and dinner about the same, that’s per week. For me that’s a lot.

It is unfortunate that’s the way things are. I eat avocados, but they are very expensive, otherwise I’d eat them all day.

Isn’t Spam full of wheat and chemicals? Like a lot of cheap processed meat unfortunately (most sausages for example).

I can’t eat eggs though. I just cannot tolerate them. Which is unfortunate given how ideal they are for keto.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #111

Forget all the advice you’ve gotten here.

Go read Illusions by Richard Bach.

Or just this quote from the book:

“Argue for your limitations, and they’re yours.”

When you are ready to stop arguing for your limitations, come back and re-read all of the advice you’ve been giving freely by people who have lived this lifestyle. Until then, you are wasting your time, and that of others.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. It’s meant to be helpful. You are getting in your own way. We can’t help you with that. Only you can.

I’m tired of this attitude of being constantly attacked.

I have been attacked incessantly and without provocation, it stops. NOW.

(James storie) #113

You really need to come up with a creative recipe that involves spam! I LOVE spam! I think I’ll move to Hawaii so I don’t feel so weird!

Hmmmmm…interesting request. Spam is very inexpensive, and people do like it. So, yes, it warrants a recipe, doesn’t it?

(James storie) #115

Yes it does! So under rated! Most of the time I dice it and scramble it with eggs. Come to think of it, I have used it in a casserole before, I need to revive it!

Yeah post link if you find a recipe for spam you liked before…even if it is not keto. And we can work on ketofying it :grinning:

(eat more) #117

no one is attacking you…no one has even been rude…maybe removed some of the sugar-coating (no pun intended) but i’ve seen ppl genuinely trying to assist you.

you have been given advice over the course of months and multiple threads/usernames.

asking the same questions over and over because you don’t like the answer given… isn’t going to change the answer.

eat less protein…or don’t
eat more fat…or don’t

there are literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of keto resources and approaches available.
you have to at least be willing to make adjustments if you aren’t seeing the results you are seeking…regardless of what one expert or another has said and your understanding of it.

your success is completely in your hands…i do hope you figure it out.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #118

@Fiorella and @jamestorie did you all see this one?

The dipping sauces would need a little tweaking to be fully keto, but looked pretty tasty to me. :slight_smile:

Nice…I will have to try that and post recipe on this forum!!! Thank you!

(James storie) #120

I have seen that! The next time I get the lard out!