Newbie to keto and wanted to share my experience for advice

(Chris) #1

Hello Everyone,

I’m happy to say that I started my keto journey and so far so good. So I have been going strong for about three weeks and recently just started with some problems that are beginning to scare me a bit. If anything I am reaching out to all my keto friends for advice. So recently I started feeling very lethargic, tired, and dizzy. I am an active person and I run about two miles morning and evenings. So I noticed that I have a lot of these symptoms when I urinate, and not sure what is going on, I have heard of the keto flu and thinking that might be it, but I hear that effects you at the beginning and like previously stated, I’m about three weeks in. Is this normal? Is there a solution, I really want to continue with the keto life style! Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

(Rob) #2

It depends when your body goes out of whack in the electrolyte department. If you have only been getting unbalanced slowly e.g. marginal deficiency, it could take time before symptoms occur. There are plenty of good threads about rebalancing.

This is a good thread on the mighty triumvirate of sodium, potassium and magnesium (Na, K, Mg). It is not just each of these but all of these together the count since each helps or hinders the others if you have enough or too little.

This is the primary area of supplementation that most ketonians do, though everyone is different so some need more or less of each electrolyte. Research it, test n=1 and find out what works for you. Look up keto-ade.

(Chris) #3

Thank you so much Captain! I’m gonna take a peek at the threads you sent over!

(matt ) #4

Are you on meds for your BP? There are cases of people with high BP starting keto and needing to talk to their Dr about their BP meds as their BP is going too low.

(Chris) #5

Hello Matt

Nope no meds at all

(Jay AM) #6

Adding to Cap’s info, you can get keto flu at any time your electrolytes are out of balance. Whether you’ve been keto a day or 12 years.