Newbie in middle of 14 day fast

(Bob) #1

Thank you to everyone for ur input into my fasting questions. Day 6 was my first rough day and today day 7 is a lot better. I’m finding that I’m learning as I go. I drive a big rig 10 hours a day and listen to podcasts all day long. Right now I am binging on every episode of 2 Keto dudes. Thanks so much Richard and Carl. I got quite a kick from listening to Jason Fung’s episode. So many of my questions are being answered by the listening to the pods. I have so much knowledge in my head from all my research and listening to 2 Keto Dudes and all of jimmy Moore’s pods. I have no one who understands about Keto so this forum is really appreciated. Started in March and down 39 lbs if I weigh in morning. 35 if I weigh in afternoon. LOL. A1C went from 7.9 to 6.5 and when I went for my physical my Lipid NMR showed such good results that my doctor told me to throw away my statins. Thanks 2 Keto Dudes and all who have given me advice and encouragement. Next week I should break 200. I haven’t been below 200 in 30 years.
Stay calm and Keto on
Trucker Bob

Hi! I’m also a Newbie - a newbie on the forum though and not with the lifestyle as I’ve been a lowcarber for years now. I’m however struggling to lose a few pounds which gradually crept on over the past year and low carb doesn’t seem to be helping in any way. I tried keto but I just keep on recyclying the same 4kg’s over and over again. I just started having a bit of a breakthrough when I added 24 hour fasting a few days ago and I’ve suddenly broken the year long plateau so I feel awesome at the moment. I love listening to the 2 ketodudes podcast too; Richard sounds like he could be my uncle with his charming chuckle - while Carl keeps it real with current happenings as he manouevers the keto lifestyle. The mail and recipe sound-bites are very entertaining (also fe-mail hehehe) and the fact that these software programmers can wrap their head around the science of nutrition so seemingly effortlessly is simply awesome. I especially love it when Richard goes all geeky!!! I guess this is why I’m here, typing away and reading up writeups from likeminded people who really have this lifestyle figured out hands down. Kudos Richard and Karl - and keep being awesome…