Newbie here and keto

keto
newbies
fasting

(Sg) #1

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:Hi, everyone!

So, as the tittle says: I’m a newbie, not only here on this (what it looks like to be an) amazing community forum but to the Keto diet as well. Today is my very first day on keto. I remember I started my weight loss journey 1.5 year ago at 154lb (Female, 5’4, 26yo, it was like a roller-coaster but here I am, I made it) Now my current weight is 120lb, I reached this goal by working out (like, really cardio, cardio, cardio, Pilates) eating a caloric deficit and with the help of myfitnesspal app. I came from what they call the “zone diet” compared to keto, oh yes! lots of carbs.

Why am I getting into this new eating life style? well…

1 - I’m tired of looking 8 pounds heavier because of the WATER RETENTION (very easy and common on me)…I guess it’s due to all the carbs?

2 - I LOVE CHEESE and NUTS and I know I can eat cheese and nuts on Keto more freely!

3- I want to reach to the weight of 117 pounds + burn that extra annoying fat that refuse to go away.

4- So many years of carbs, carbs, carbs, and restricted fat…I WANT TO EAT FAT!

5- Inflammation, even tho I’m a lean person I tend to suffer from inflammation (and as I said water retention. Sometimes my face looks like I’m 160 pounds, puffy. Now it’s looking leaner because I just recently completed a 3 days HARD dry fast and that helped A LOT, I went from 122 to 118 in 3 days and now I’m on 120.

I’ve read a lot of articles and watched lots of videos about this way of eating before jumping into keto, and here I AM!..but I still being a newbie, I have lots of doubts and questions. Love if you could help me and I hope to learn as much as I can to help others too.

Thanks for reading me, I’m very excited to be part of this community.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

Welcome. :grinning: Keep researching and ask any specific questions you have.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3

Welcome to the forum and to Keto! :grin:

(Sg) #4

Thanks for the welcoming!!

Welcome! This is a good starting point:

http://pwop.com/download/TheKetogenicDietInANutshell.pdf

(Kay baker) #6

Hi all. A big wave from downunder. Just found your site!!! Its wonderful, thanks for letting me be part of it. Today is my first day with you but 20 days with Keto. Still learning, still getting frustrated, still having small slips but STILL DETERMINED to do Keto. Am using keto stix and even bought a ketone meter, but cant seem to get higher than 0.3 on the meter. Im not worried as I have found this great site.
Cheers Kay

That’s the spirit :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #8

Good reading skillz! #AUSSIESFTW!