Newbie fasting question

(Rusty Lee Rusk) #1

So I’m trying to jump on the IF train. I’ve never had a big problem skipping breakfast but my issue now is waking up starving and having a hard time waiting till lunch to eat. I guess this is probably due to no carbs in diet anymore. Any suggestions on fighting morning hunger.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #2

Not doing IF?

Having carbs is what stimulates hunger… the gherlin and the leptin, and all that. It’s not the lack of carbs. It might be that you’re just not ready for IF.

I find that if I have a heavy protein dinner the day before, I’ll wake up with hunger.

Eating a fat heavy dinner doesn’t.

(Trish) #4

Instead of IF eating lunch and dinner why not try breakfast and lunch then skip dinner til breakfast the next day? Worth a try.

Just a side note, since starting this WOE I have always woken up hungry. A very foreign concept for me considering I’ve never been a breakfast person at all. I really like this feeling! it makes me feel I am doing something “right”. Now when I say hungry, I don’t mean starving I can survive quite happily with just coffee and water/tea until noon.

if you binge on all keto foods, and not craving any carbs or really anything the next day do you think no damage done to ketosis? I am definitely not getting on scale. ALso if binge on keto foods, is a fast as necessary ? So far at 19hr. afraid to go 24 as the binge yesterday occured from being starved from weeks of 16 hour fasts.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

As a non-faster, I am a bad person to answer this.

I do not think binge is good, regardless of what it is.

(Brandy Fischbach) #8

For me, I’m only hungry when I am trying to fast. It’s purely mental on my part, but I swear I’m starving when I set out to fast. LOL

I am starving come time to break it ! and can not feel satisfied after as it blood sugar plummeted