Newbie checking in!

I am officially five weeks in! I have been under 20 carbs every day, save for one early on where I totally underestimated almonds and went over by a few. I feel good and the weight is coming off.

I’m not convinced I am getting as much fat as it seems like I should (from what I am reading), but my macros look pretty close to what my goals are on the app I started using and I haven’t seen anything adverse, so I’m just keeping on.

I am enjoying all the info here. Thank you. I have learned TONS!

Also, I have not had a single “fat bomb” or even one slice of bacon. (It just isn’t my thing, but I feel like I need to run for cover saying that here. Ha!)

Who are my other 2019 starters?

(Jenn) #2

I didn’t start in 2019, but rather May of last year :slight_smile: I still feel like a newbie too.

The key is to find meals you like that meet your macros and plan ahead! I find that I only struggle when the hunger kicks in and I have nothing I can eat within 5 minutes and the hangry monster comes out to say hi. That’s becoming far and few between these days but in the beginning I’d feel like I could knock my son over for of his goldfish crackers LOL.

Eventually snacking will not be ideal, but it really helped at first to have macadamia nuts, almonds, string cheese, pepperoni, almond butter, quest bars and fat bombs on hand.

Wish you the best and happy to discuss any questions :slight_smile:

(Scott) #3

heresy

(Scott) #4

And welcome aboard

(Maribel ) #5

hello, this is my 4th day on keto.!!

Welcome, Kelly!

I sure hope @PaulL :bacon: doesn’t read that. He might ban you from the forum. :slight_smile:

No, we’re all about what works for “you”. Bacon is great, but if it doesn’t work for you, then don’t eat it.

I’m really glad to see you here, and look forward to seeing you share more as you continue keto! :+1:

Hahaha. I know, right? Just never been into it.

Yup! Most days are not bad, but once in a while I do need something. I keep olives, cheese, and almonds on hand at work and home.

Honestly it hasn’t been too hard to avoid carbs as long as I can get my cheese. That has always been my weakness. I imagine for someone who LOVES bread (like my husband) that this way of eating would be quite a struggle.

The hardest part so far is going out to eat. I’ve read enough here to know how to make it work, but people still look at you sideways when you order, as if I am some sad, ill, frail individual because I don’t want a stinkin’ bun.

(*Tame Those Ghrelin Gremlins) #9

Welcome! I started Jan 2019, I am also at 5 weeks. I can say that starting out I was eating peanut butter fat bombs yum. I have dropped them from my menu but it will be over my dead body that someone takes my bacon away lol.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

Ketogenesis 3:12:

Thou shalt not take the name of thy Bacon in vain . . .

:bacon::bacon::bacon:

This is getting better, thank goodness.

No worries here. We’re definitely pro-bacon! :bacon: