Newbie - 2 Weeks In

(Frank) #1

Hi,

I have been on Keto diet for 2 weeks, I started at 13st 6.5lbs and in the first week lost 5 pounds I know mainly water weight and then second week a 1/4 of a pound.

My weight loss goal is to reach 11 stone.

I did try this 2 months back for a single month and got a similar result 6.5lbs lost.

The second week I started eating Atkins bars and drinking Diet Coke as I have a really sweet tooth.

Has anyone used Atkins bars and what are their experience of Diet Coke within Keto?

I know it is junk but I find it helps me stay away from sugar.

Cheers

Chris

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #2

Hi Chris,

I would recommend you to test these things on yourself. If you have a blood glucometer, test your blood sugar before consuming the bars/coke and then 1 hour after and see how it affects you.

In the US they use only aspartame on Diet Coke, however in other countries (Canada included, unfortunately) they use a blend of aspartame and ace-k - the later known to cause insulin spikes.

In my case I prefer to give up on all sweet things and enjoy the food I can eat. Having sweets in moderation for me is way harder than having no sweets at all.

(Frank) #3

Hi,

Thanks for the response that is so interesting I had no idea that the recipe was different to the US?
I Just picked up a can of Pepsi Max and Ace K is in it! (I am in the UK)

My aim is to get to no sweets, I do not do moderation at all!
I have been eating strawberries and raspberries which has helped.

Currently I am using Keto sticks as a way of testing, but I do plan on getting a blood glucometer.