Newbi to keto need help with macros

(Kieran Paget) #1

Hi all, i’m new to keto i have previously lost 60 lbs by simply cutting out fizzy drinks and eating weight watchers ready meals as i don’t have best facility’s to cook. how ever will be investing in a oven tomorrow so i can prep properly, anyway my issue is macro’s used 4/5 different calculates all saying different things and around the 1800 calorie mark with 160g of fat, 20g carbs and 115 grams of protein, i work 12 hours a day on my feet for all of that and my worry is that with these macros i will be maintaining body weight when i want to be losing 3/5 lbs a week initially i’m 22 years old 6ft tall and weigh 320 lbs with a 35% body fat percentage. i would like to be around the 240 mark by June 2019 if possible any advice on my macros and if any more insight onto how i could get my body to burn more stored fat than eating fat if possible.

thanks kieran x

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2

Have you tried this one? It allows you to choose what calorie deficit you want.

https://perfectketo.com/keto-macro-calculator/

(Kieran Paget) #4

yes and i have put a 30% calorie deficit.

(Allie) #5

Just limit carbs to 20g a day and forget the calculators. You do not want a calorie deficit when you’re first trying to adapt to keto and trying to stay in deficit will harm your progress. Once you’re adapted then adjust things of you need to, but many people find they make amazing progress just limiting carbs to 20g without even having a calorie deficit.

(Kieran Paget) #6

calories aint a issue ive been eating a average of 800 calories a day for past 6 months if anything a plus calories would be nice as i currently feel like im starving all day.

(Allie) #7

That’s exactly what you want to avoid. Don’t limit calories at all, ONLY limit carbs to 20g and eat enough to keep hunger away - focus on fat and protein, and eating enough.

(Laurie) #8

Hi Kieran. Do what Allie said–keep carbs below 20, and eat as much protein and fat as you feel like.