New to this and keeping records

(Dan Dan) #21

LOL - I’m the same plus I’m lazy and cheap :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just finished weighing and bagging 70 pounds of meat, It took me forever but I saved $200 :open_mouth::heart_eyes:

Logging foods is too tedious for me. In addition, many of my meals are outside my home. But most importantly, I don’t care about carb count. I care about being in ketosis and keeping BG low. So that’s what I track.

I ate at seafood buffet restaurant, I don’t know how many calories or what the macros were. I do know my ketones were 2 mmol and BG was 72 mg/dL.

(Troy) #23

You can always just try MFP
just to get an overall pictures

Soon, you will be able to eat and know the macros
If that’s your goal

Your body will tell you

I’m boring KETO😟
I eat the same foods most of the time
Give or take a pecan or two😂

Someone else said it “ I no longer live to eat, I eat to live “…:slightly_smiling_face:

Good Luck
Enjoy

I may end up a boring keto too… due to time constraints and to the fact that I’m actually ok with eating the same things day in and day out. Like cabbage. And sardines. No idea why I like that but I do. lol I’m a cabbage head. :grin:

(Troy) #25

I enjoy it!
While others are spending time and resources ALL day in regards to eating choices and meals …4-8 times a day mind you. Lol

Time and energy saved w just 2MAD or OMAD
I’m addition, I can have the above in my arsenal at all times
Aka…my vehicle :red_car: :grin:

Btw…sardines are on my boring list!
I eat just about every day
Just and some pink salt = :heart_eyes:

haha! Yes, they will store in the vehicle easily - and i have two tins in my office credenza. Nowadays the tins have that pull thingi that makes them a breeze to open. I had them instead of grilled fish yesterday because I had no time to grill fish. I put a thick slice of cheese over them and a bit of chopped chilli and melted that in the micro. It was very, very yum!

I also find I’m having bone broth every day, which I made and froze in batches so that’s easy. I think it’s going to become a staple for me.

I have yet to try the 2MAD or OMAD process but I can say this morning I didn’t feel like eating so I had a 2 cheesecake bombs (again I made a big batch) and my “bullet tea” I will sip on as I go.

I haven’t been able to eat much at all today and I’m worried if I should force myself? I’ve had two cheesecake bombs this morning for brekki and my bullet tea, but since then I can’t get anything down, just water. The headache is not my friend, but I definitely don’t feel hungry at all. Is this normal, I’m wondering?

(Liz ) #28

Don’t eat if you are not hungry is my advice! It’s possible your body is getting what it needs from the fat stored on your body.

I am going to have to. I tried to force myself and ended up getting sick so nothing stayed behind anyway. I think you are spot on. Body is getting what it needs from the stores.

(Liz ) #30

If you have a headache and can’t keep food down it might be you are fighting something like a virus right now.

No virus thank heavens. Back to normal today. Basically ended up having only one meal yesterday because I couldn’t eat.

(Valerie Williams) #32

I like Cronometer.com on my phone. Set macros and it lets you know how you’re doing. Great free version. Can scan url for food it doesn’t have. I don’t obsess but keeps me mindful of calories /fat/carbs.