New to Keto and fasting

(Arianna) #1

So I am new to Keto and Intermittent fasting. I have been doing fasting between 6pm and 10am. I am struggling to navigate with making sure that I am hitting all my numbers as best I can. I am trying to lose weight and it looks like I should be trying to Keep my Macros as below:
Calories: 1430
Fat: 111g
Net Carbs: 18g
Protein: 89g

The issue i am having is hitting those numbers…any tips on how to plan my meals to stick within those numbers? Or even do those numbers sound right? Any help would be appreciated. I am using the Carb Manager app to help me track my numbers.

i am not one for grand meal plans…the simpler the better and i love my BPC.

oh, that brings up the question, would you use the BPC to replace a meal or can i have it with my first meal of the day? If i’m fasting between 6pm and 10am can i still have my BPC at 6am when i get to work or should i hold off? Ugh, HELP ME!!!

(Frank) #2

How new and how much weight do you want to lose?

(Arianna) #3

Started messing with intermittent fasting over a month ago and that part is easy. I just started with Keto this last week. I am trying to lose at least 70lbs

(Frank) #4

Keep the carbs low, try to get your protein in, and the rest fat to satiety. Don’t worry about hitting that fat macro. Like dr berry says, it can come from your diet or it can come from your belly and booty. With 70 lbs to lose you have plenty of fat stores to pull from. Your body will take care of hitting that macro on its own.

(Arianna) #5

Thank you. :wink: i will look for easy protein meals that help accomplish that. :wink::wink:

(Frank) #6

When I was trying to lose weight more in earnest I would only have bpc a few days a week. Used it as more of a treat. Now that I’m closer to goal weight I have it every am as well as for lunch sometimes to keep me satiated and keep my insulin levels lower longer.

(Arianna) #7

Thank you for that tip. maybe i will just stick to my black coffee in the morning and save my BPC for weekends.

(Frank) #8

That’s exactly what I did during the majority of my weight loss period. The hard work will pay off in more metabolic flexibility down the road.

(Doug) #9

So true, Frank! Very important (and good) point.