New to IF and struggling

(Samantha ) #21

Well the 30 lbs of loss doesn’t feel like I have lost much at all. It took since September of last year to lose that. I am down a shirt size but nothing in my lower half. I have been going through a lot of health issues and it resulted in a low carb diet due to having to eliminate a lot of things in September. Then I ended up going more Keto by increasing fat and then had to go back to low carb because of hives. (other post explains) Now I am back into keto and feel so much better doing that than just low carb. I want to fast because of the additional health benefits. I also like the idea of only having to prep two meals and then a snack. While 30 lbs sounds like a lot it just does not feel like it on my body. It is why I now work out six days a week to no matter how much I don’t want to. I think the same will go for IF. I will stick to it and cut my carbs down more. Hopefully in a few weeks I will feel even better and see more progress at my weigh on on Feb 5th.

(Janelle) #22

I don’t weigh quite as much (I started at 248). Since Sep. 26, I have lost between 13 and 15 lbs depending on the day and what my body wants to do. I’ve had to get used to “a lb a week is very good”. On the great side, I didn’t gain over the holidays, which surely would have happened if I had unleashed myself on the baked goods.

It’s hard, I know. You change your whole life and then some people on this forum report losing 60lbs in 3 months and it just doesn’t seem fair. I think fasting might be good for you but maybe just not yet? Only you can know what’s bearable or not. In the meantime, plenty of people will remind you you didn’t gain it all in a couple of months so it will take a little time to come off and your body might just be better for it.

(Hint - my doc says exercise is not necessary to lose weight and maybe even be counterproductive in the first few months. He’s not saying be a lump, but give yourself a little time to adjust before going full force.)

(Amanda) #23

I agree. Not a Dr., just a person I’ve lost about 80 in 8 months without extra exercise. I do a community yoga class once a week, and live life. I’m not a couch potato, but I don’t hit the gym or do anything like that. Possibly in the future, when I want to change my composition, but for now I am happy on this path.

(Samantha ) #24

I like how working out makes me feel the next day. I am alert and feel great most mornings (until 10:30 when I turn into a hunger monster) so I am not going to cut out the exercise. I think weight loss should not be the primary motivator for working out but how much better your body feels when working out. Yes I hate actually working out but the after effects are amazing…for me. Everyone is different. I also don’t want loose skin and working out while losing weight can help prevent that.

(Running from stupidity) #25

THIS

AND THIS

(Samantha ) #26

Monk Fruit seemed to be what was causing my hunger issues. I have cut it out now for two mornings and this morning I am not hungry! Hooray!

(Amanda) #27

I’m so glad you were able to sort that out!

(Katie) #28

Do you still get nauseous after eating and breaking your fast?

(Andy) #29

Not sure anyone else saw it or not but potatoes (hash browns) you mentioned, are a big no no with Keto. I wish I could say otherwise cause they are my only weakness!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #30

She’s eating cauliflower hash browns. I thought the same thing, but then saw the cauliflower part.

(Andy) #31

Guess I missed that part. Sorry! I never thought of making hash browns from cauliflower. Gonna have to try that.

I drink a chocolate mint rooibos tea and it’s like a dessert now