New to fasting 21

(Josh Quinn) #1

Hello I new to fasting and am looking for some advice from people who have done long term fasting before (around 2 weeks) I’m just drinking water and sparkling water.
I dont have a set date of when I want to stop the fast.
Little info on me, I’m 6ft 3 and weigh 136.8 kg.
I’ve done a lot of research on fasting so I’m not going in completely blind so to say. But it would be nice to hear some advice.
Thank you in advance

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

@lisylooby and @Brenda seem to be a couple of the fasting experts here. Lisa has lots of threads, check her out.

(Robert C) #3

You definitely want to go to Amazon or the store and pick up some sort of fasting salt drink ingredients - otherwise, big fail.

You can look up “Snake Juice Diet” on Youtube to get his recipe - he has lots of people on long fasts successfully.

FYI - you will get much better success with 5 or 6 4 or 5 day fasts with short refeeds (especially if you plan them around a social occasion - living like a hermit for 3 weeks is also likely to cause failure). As well, you can keep that going longer (much longer - until you are lean) but, a single long fast has to stop.

Here are some details on the salt needs:

(Lisa ) #4

Aw, shucks!

(Lisa ) #5

I agree completely. Usually I have a small fatty meal around day 5 or 6 then back to it. Much easier psychogically to do two 5 day fasts than one 10 day fast. And your fasting muscle gets stronger over time!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

There are definitely differing opinions on the proper way to fast and refeed. My focus is on keeping metabolism high, not breaking metabolism, not slowing metabolism, and in most cases aiming to repair metabolism and get it running normally. This is accomplished by proper refeeding between extended fasts. That would mean when you break the fast you refeed at least 2 days two meals each day. This is what me and the experts that I hang out with recommend.
I work with IDMprogram.com

(Lisa ) #7

I did this with my week-long fasts and seemed to work well. Just kept it keto.