New post Keto running breakthrough

(LeeAnn Brooks) #1

For the first time since starting Keto I was able to run further than my pre-Keto daily runs of 4 miles 3-4 times a week.

I hit just over 5 miles today. Could have gone further, but I think it’s best to build up slowly. It was a pretty slow 5 miles, but it felt good.

This is pretty major for me since the first 3.5 weeks of Keto I was so physically exhausted I could barely manage a 2 mile walk at an 18 min/mile pace.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

I am noticing that I feel nauseous after runs though. Not sure if it has to do with chugging water on an empty stomach or what.

Has anyone else felt this?

(Alec) #3

LeeAnn
Great stuff, and well done! I did a fat fuelled 13k today, felt I could go much much longer. Legs were feeling a little tired, but no fuel issues at all!

No nausea after running for me, always feel really good running on keto and fasted,
Cheers
A

(GINA ) #4

Nice job on the run! I have not experienced nausea like that. I don’t usually chug water though, if I feel like I need that much water I have something with electrolytes.

Did you run in the heat?

It is probably not this, but nausea is one of the signs of hyponatremia.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #5

No, it was only 65 degrees. It’s weird. I’ve been noticing it a lot lately with running. At first it was during running when I was trying to run with something in my stomach. So I started only running fasted, which definately helped. But now I’m getting it post runs right after I drink or eat something. It passes soon enough.

Maybe I should wait longer after runs to refuel or hydrate. And then take it slower as I do.