New MCT/BPC Feedback - first use of Prime8 C8 & Home Made GHEE

(Alex ) #1

So I had my Bulletproof Coffee made this morning along with Ghee & Prime8 MCT oil which came yesterday via Amazon.

The wider picture of this stuff is that I’m going to incorporate it as a breakfast, but also a pre-exercise tonic, and also to introduce to try and elevate my ketones in general for body fat burning around my IF.

So I went with 30g of the Prime8, and 30g of the Ghee - and I use Grade 6 Java Ground Coffee which comes from Aldi here in the UK - strong blend.

Taste wise - I definitely prefer the creamy texture that comes with standard butter, the ghee just doesn’t really cut it as far as a nice tasting coffee goes.

The caffeine, ghee & MCT Oil energy hit though, I have to admit I feel pretty [spoiler]fucking[/spoiler] zapped right now, very nice feeling indeed. Do I feel super focused? Not sure, I actually feel very much like I can’t concentrate on too much for very long - however, I am in an EXTREMELY good mood since having it, definitely having mind rushes!

Hunger wise, jury is out… I definitely don’t want to eat right now, but that could change later.

Have to say though, I am liking it!!! I am grinning like an idiot!

2.5 hours since consumption… Think I am feeling peak effects :slight_smile:

(Allie) #2

Try adding a raw egg yolk to the blender.

(Alex ) #3

what does it do Allie??

(Alex ) #4

That will make my coffee 600 calories LOL!! I dont even think Starbucks can beat that with a Vente Caramel Latte with chocolate sprinkles!!!

(Robert C) #5

I did some work making BPC into something great also.
I found that because of the nearly 400 calories that I had to make it a couple a week thing.
Otherwise I was skipping too much real food.
I wake up happier those mornings just knowing what is coming - a real treat!

(Alex ) #6

Yes @RobC - I think this is where I’m coming from. I like a big caloric dinner, meat, butter, mayo whatever, but with a 500/600 cal coffee in the morning, I’m just to going to end up having 2200-2500 calories a day and not get into the deficit I want for my goals.

If I skipped an evening meal though, and had a decent lunch… I could make this into a workable 19-5 style Intermittent Fast, and perhaps just have the coffee only on weekends to get the ketone levels flying.

I’m not a big believer in the efficiency of exercise calorie deficits either, even if had my coffee, and went out and ran a 5K, I still dont think i could get the daily cal levels down!

Not sure, lots of options… I LOVE my morning caffeine fixes though, I dont have much else in life that makes me happy any more with vices!!

(Alex ) #7

ahh there is some egg latte stuff out there!

https://blog.bulletproof.com/bulletproof-egg-coffee-recipe-2b3c2g/

(Alex ) #8

Not sure what tablespoons they are using, but there’s no way my BPCs are getting close to these levels! Completely busting 331 calories.

Nutritional Information (per serving):

• Calories: 331
  • Protein: 24g
  • Carbs: 1g
  • Fiber: 0g
  • Sugar:0g
  • Fat: 25g
  • Saturated Fat: 15g
  • Polyunsaturated: 2g
  • Monounsaturated: 4g
  • Trans fat: 0g
  • Cholesterol: 402mg
  • Sodium: 280mg
  • Potassium: 138mg
  • Vitamin A: 21mg
  • Vitamin C: 0mg
  • Calcium: 6mg
  • Iron: 10mg

(Allie) #9

Makes it lovely and creamy

(Alex ) #10

might see if I can reduce the ghee tomorrow, and try an egg yolk… thanks for the tip Allie!

(bulkbiker) #11

Or you could just ditch the MCT oil…se an egg and some cream and ghee and stay “natural”?

(Alex ) #12

I wouldnt get the mental clarity / instant energy though would I?

(bulkbiker) #13

Yep… its called ketosis…

(Alex ) #14

I get ketosis energy usually when I’m completely restricting all calories, I dont seem to get the hit just using butter and coconut oil…

gonna try some different recipes! this egg thing intrigues me…

(Alex ) #15

tried MCT, ghee and egg, didn’t really do much extra for me in terms of taste, still nice after effects though.

I’m doing Friday/Saturday/Sunday now with the BPC coffee only in the mornings, and fasting the rest of the day/evening. Interested to see how I feel on a BPC fast!