New Ketonix meter

(Patti) #41

I just got my replacement meter, my other meter was defective and only registering blue, for the last week I’ve been at 42.4 yellow x5. Love my ketonix meter because now I know when I’m in ketonsis. Also did my first 48 hour fast and it was surprising how easy it was. I hope to test some foods to see how they effect my ketones.
Keto On

This is a message the Ketonix shared we me which also helped:

In regards to where you should sit on the scale or feedback of PPM, it is individual. Try not to compare yourself to others on the forums but test often and keep a notebook on what
you are doing, when you eat so and so what happens to your curve? A dip or an increase. If you experience a decrease but have eaten the same as the day before etc, what else is going on?
Stress, exercise, fasting and sleep plus hormones all play a role in your body.

Some people might experience weight loss at 4 PPM others might have to get to 33 PPM, we are all different and have different goals and the PPM value is also dependent on technique.

(Ji Wei) #42

Hey Brenda. I am in Cali and I wonder where can I buy the second generation with the bluetooth?

Thanks!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #43

Sorry, I have no clue.

(Leonard Wish) #44

Go to KETONIX.com

(Julian) #45

Impressive. Maybe I should send mine in for a signature too. I have just started using my new Blue (Bluetooth) ketonix. Before that I was using ketostix but getting very random results. So far:

1. The user manual is pretty confusing. I am really not sure that I have understood it
  2. Using the ketonix does seem to be working. I watched a few YouTube videos that stressed the importance of giving the ketonix the very last bits of air from the bottom of your lungs. The user manual actually says breathe out before starting to use the meter. Then put your lips to the meter and breathe out some more right to the end.
  3. And it seems to be working. I am getting readings between 7 and 17ppm - comfortably in the green nutritional range. And it does seem to react to what I eat - more carbs and then a lower reading.
    I am on a keto diet for my migraines. I have been on the diet for about a year now and the migraines are so much better along with my asthma, heartburn and general aliveness and awakeness.
    Very much looking forward to sharing this discovery journey

(Richard Hanson) #46

A ketogenic diet is not only low net carb (< 20 g/day), it is also moderate protein. Protein can have a fairly strong insulin response and excess proteins, more then the amount required to provision your bodies need for protein, can be converted over time into glucose in the liver by gluconeogenesis from glucogenic amino acids which are converted into alpha keto acids and finally into glucose.

Also, what someone thinks they are eating can be much different from what they are truly eating if they are not accurately tracking their food intake. It is not a matter of honesty or personal character, it is just quite difficult to accurately determine what is consumed without measuring with a scale and recording with a macro tracking application. I use cronmeter.com. Without tracking, without useful data, I think we are only speculating as to why a person is not in ketosis.

Best Regards,
Richard