New Here 🥓

(Ricci) #1

Hi there, I am 49 and I want to lose 50-60 lbs. I would like to start my keto diet on the 26th and have a supplement with it. Currently, researching keto supplements that work and won’t break the bank.

(George) #2

Hi there, you don’t need supplements. It’s very easy to be successful on keto without breaking the bank. Just keep your carbs under 20 grams and eat to satiety, and you will start losing the weight.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #3

Yeah electrolytes are something to concern yourself with.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #4

Hi and welcome! This is the only supplement you need. I drink 1 or 1.5 a day.

If you are waiting until the 26th to be serious about keto, are you cutting back on or eliminating grains in the meantime?

(Allie) #5

You don’t need any supplements, what makes you think you do?

Welcome. Are you picking a start date next week because you are traveling or just getting in the right head space to make this major change? I get that! Good luck.

As for supplements, my own personal situation is that I try to drink extra water and take a multivitamin. Honestly, I don’t know if it does much, but I guess it doesn’t hurt.

I know there is a lot of concern about electrolytes. And rightly so, though I admit I am not well-versed in the biology of it all. I am interested in this thread to learn more. I personally have not take any special electrolyte drinks since I started in January. Sometimes I wonder if I should be? I do tend to eat foods that should help (avocado, leafy greens, cheese) and I use sea salt. So far things seem to be working fine.

Good luck and welcome.

(Ricci) #7

kickstart the keto diet

(Ricci) #8

For the grocery shop and learning what to eat .what not to eat and what amounts ect

(Ricci) #9

For the grocery shop and learning what to eat .what not to eat and what amounts. ect

(George) #10

If you want to kickstart it then eat bacon and eggs for 2 weeks. That’ll get you into ketosis.

Eat fatty cuts of meat, eggs, fish. Cook with butter, ghee, olive oil, avocado oil. If you want vegetables, eat green, leafy ones. Avocados are great too.

Don’t worry so much about amounts. The key to this is that you stop eating when you’re full, and eat when you’re hungry. If you’re comfortable with intermittent fasting, that’s a major benefit too.

I’ve lost over 60 lbs since January by doing this. It’s easier than you think.

(Susan) #11

Welcome to the forum Ricci, and I don’t use any Keto supplements except taking Apple Cider Vinegar capsules daily, which you can buy anywhere… Costco, Walmart, any pharmacy, health store and are cheap.

Keep your carbs at under 20 grams, eat enough fat, eat enough protean, drink tons of water, and no sugar or processed foods and you are all set!

(less is more, more or less) #12

This is vitally important to say, given all the misinformation everywhere.

Please excuse me while I grab my megaphone.

“You do not need supplements.”

Keep your carbs (I prefer total, not net carbs) below 20 is key. Keto products are mostly s0o much snake oil.

@x-Dena-x is correct. For this, beef or chicken broth works great (just broth, check ingredients, and do not buy the low-sodium version) Again, you can address this with good and plain food.

And … welcome to the forums! There are many great and helpful members here!

(Ricci) #13

I cant stand eggs lol

(Ricci) #14

Thank you everyone for the good tips

(Charlotte) #15

Once you adjust to eating keto you’ll notice over time that your tastebuds will change, at least that was true for me. Things taste differently now than they did before. A lot of foods I used to love now don’t taste right anymore and vice versa. So while you may not like eggs now, you might later.

(Susan) #16

Charlotte is right on the money, there. My taste buds have changed so much since I started in February.

I have no interest in processed foods at all, my sugar cravings are taken care of with my Fat Bombs ( and I am not tempted to go to the dangerous real sugar things anymore). I never really liked the taste of coconut before but now in recipes (primarily in my keto treats like my fat bombs or my homemade Keto coconut icecream, I love the taste). Your mind set changes quickly, as does your taste buds, your body shape, your health, your energy, etc. Keto Lifestyle is great and I am sure you will love it and love the forum.

(Sexy) #17

This is so true.

(Allie) #18

Just reduce carbs to below 20g.

(hottie turned hag) #19

Me three. I never, ever ate cheese before and never wanted to, except if it was in a dish. The idea of eating cheese by itself, hellno. Now? Ermigawd. I can and do eat 16oz mozz/day and could eat more but I restrain.

(Marianne) #20

Me, too - isn’t that amazing!? Pizza used to be my all-time favorite food, and I did enjoy pasta as well, however, these things don’t tempt me anymore. Feels like a small trade-off now. Keto is such a gift.