New here! 34 yr old

(Mary) #1

Hi all. I’m 34 year old female T2D. I’m 5’7 and weigh 161 pounds. Today marks my 7th day Keto-ing and I also managed to cut diet soda out of my diet. I only want to lose about 10 pounds from my stomach and I am hoping Keto will help me get my blood sugars under control and I eventually can come off insulin and medication. I am keeping my carbs at less than 20 per day and I am already feeling a change. I’m finding the last day or two I have a lot more energy. I love to cook so luckily for me finding and making new recipes is fun. I had a sugar craving today and drank 12 ounces of Diet Coke after not drinking it for a week and now my stomach hurts so I won’t be doing that again!!

(Candy Lind) #2

Ouch. I feel your pain/bloat! :nauseated_face:

You’ve come to the right WOE to fix your T2D! Congrats.

The cravings get better really quickly. One suggestion for when you get them: fat bombs. Many are only 2-3 ingredients and 10 minutes to whip up a batch; keep in freezer or fridge and grab one when a craving hits. I don’t use them much any more but I did in the beginning. Recipes in Food category and ALL OVER the interwebs. Little silicone candy molds are perfect for them.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #3

L-glutamine can help with carb cravings. I forget dosing, but a friendly person at the vitamin store can probably assist if the google cannot.