Never again...

Ok, guys… I need to rant.

I,ve been strictly Keto for 2 weeks. It’s been the most amazing experience ever. Just about everything in my body has improved. My skin has cleared up totally, joints feel great, stomach has been completely calm (no farts lol), I’ve been feeling alert and my anxiety went away on day 2. Lost 5 lbs (not overweight but still want to lose some lbs).

Last evening though… I don’t know what happened but somehow I ended up eating absout 300 grams of dried apricots with about 60% carbs. And omg, what a horrible night I’ve had. Stomach started rumbling, bloated, heart palpitations like crazy and I just couldn’t fall asleep. When i finally did, I dreamt nightmares about eating tortilla bread and candy.

When I woke up this morning my eyes were all swollen, my stomach hurt and my stubborn rash under my eye (that’s been healing so good on these weeks of Keto) had come back with a vengeance.

In rage, I threw away what was left of the apricots and swore to myself I will NEVER again eat carbs, lol. Felt disgusted so I fasted until lunch then I had a pork chop, spinach omelette with a lot of ghee on at work and now I feel a little better.

Never again, guys. Never again… :face_vomiting:

(Allie) #2

Learning experience. Pick yourself back up and carry on as you were :heart:

(Carl Keller) #3

Welcome JoPa.

I wouldn’t say never eat carbs again. But moderation and control over good carbs isn’t such a terrible thing.

I’m just curious why keto people don’t fall off the cow instead of the horse. The fall isn’t quite so far and a better metaphor. :sunglasses:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

I had a similar but not as intense experience Saturday night/Sunday morning. I was in Key West Florida and decided that I had to have a Cuban food experience. So I ordered a skirt steak as the best keto choice for me, it was served with yellow rice, black beans and fried plantains. Cuban bread too. Ok so I felt bad before I even finished eating. The food was fine but the beans, rice and plantains kicked off a really intense gas reaction in my stomach. Pain in my diaphragm when I tried to take a breath. Huge amounts of gas belching up. And the next morning gas from the exit site. It was SO NOT WORTH IT! I have had some carbs on Thanksgiving and Christmas without a penalty but I paid this time!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

The burned hand teaches best, as they say! :raised_hand:

@CarlKeller I like that! :cow2: Though I’ve known some pretty tall cows.

But perhaps in honor of bacon, it ought to be “falling off the pig.” What do you think? :bacon::bacon:

(Carl Keller) #6

I’m with you! :sunglasses:

Jurassic Pork anyone?