Need help- tiredness and emotional instability

Hello everyone,
I really need help, this is my third week on keto diet, the two first weeks were good, I felt having more energy but couple days ago after coming back from the gym ( it was the first time I exercise on keto) I started to have a headache, I drunk some coffee, took some medicine but nothing was working. I started to feel really sad and felt so tired. I had a big fight with my partner and couldn’t control my emotions. I never felt like this… if somebody can help me to understand if it linked with the keto diet and if is it anything I can do to fix it. Currently I introduce a little more carb in my diet and I am drinking more water. Thanks for the help !!

(Renee Slaughter) #2

Hello and welcome
I’m sorry you’re having a difficult time at the moment. Have you increased your salt intake? When I’m feeling a lethargic it means I need more salt. What about potassium and magnesium? Will link the article for Ketoaide.

I have not been more emotional on keto. After finding the right electrolyte balance I feel awesome.

(Leslie) #3

I too suffered from symptoms related to mineral deficiencies. Fatigue was among them. My nutritionist recommended roasted salted sea weed and spirulina.
My issues were resolved in 36 hours. Also, try adding a little apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to your water to improve your ph balance as a lot of people in ketosis are acidic.
I was consuming heavy cream as a fast breaker and have since stopped, as it was identified as a problem for me. I don’t know if you need that little nugget, but I thought I would offer it.
I hope you find this helpful
Keep calm and keto on

Thanks for your reply. I did increase my electrolytes by getting added electrolytes and mineral water. I will definitely try to add lemon in the water and get some spirulina.

Been there myself for the last month. I found that first weeks was hard for me and I would have good Energy in the gym but would crash few hours later. That lasts for about 3 weeks. Last week I did see improvement and finally, this weekend was great. I went on saturday to the gym, no crash - just flow of Energy and yeasterday I went for a run - also great. Water with half a lemon juice and some salt helped me a lot and also I bought cacao butter in pearls and munch on them when I feel low.