Need help and getting a hold of my ketosis

newbies

(Chris) #1

So I’ve done more tests and I need some help or discussion on my ketosis. So the moment I wake up at 6 am i am at .6 mmol. So i think awesome. At 930 am I’ve consumed 1 home made cup of coffee and been at work 2 hours no heavy labour. Ketones are now .4. I looked into jt snd coffee is said to increase ketones. So anyone know why this would be happening?

I just consumed mct oil coffee with whey powder sweetened with stevia. I’m go a check again in 1 hour and I’ll post what my mmol is

(Allie) #2

Could be the whey as it causes an insulin spike in lots of people, but honestly, don’t get caught up chasing numbers.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #3

Do you have extra strips? By that, I mean can you afford to test every 1-2 hours for 1 day? It might give you a better idea on what going on.

I mean yeah, your ketones went down, but that’s only ½ the picture. What happened with glucose?

For example (my testing yesterday):
This was before/after my supper

Time BG BK
T0 75 2.2
T2hr 84 1.1
T4hr 95 2.8

(Chris) #4

They went down prior to the whey. I dont chase numbers to find out if I’m doing well or not I’m just the type of person that cant not know what’s happening. Hah I need numbers and reasons

(Chris) #5

Yes I’m going to get glucose and ketones and do hardcore testing 1 day of normal eating. 1 day of IF 18/6 then fasting all day. I really wanna see what’s happening.

And the probably my glucose went up around 7 or 8 or 9 and thags why I asked the question. I know the dawn effect my wife is type 1 and has that but that’ tends to be alot earlier. But maybe I’m wrong? Does that ans cortisol rise later in the morning? Things I just dont knkw hah

(bulkbiker) #6

You’re in ketosis if you are registering ketones… what are you worried about ?.. they go up and down all the time… chill.

(Scott) #7

I just watch my carbs, belt notches and weigh daily. I do keto WOE because it is that easy for me. I almost bought a tester once but decided to just go low carb and let my body tell me how it is doing. One year down and still rockin.

(Chris) #8

Not worried as I said in another reply I just am a systems guy I wanna find out what’s going on and I dont knkw everything so I wanna ask of there things I’m missing or science that I can look into more about this stuff.

(Chris) #9

I wish I could. My brain just doesht work that way. I need tk know how it all works and the science behind it. I’m a Christian I fully believe in God and I have huge issues with nkt knowing everything I consistently have to re read history and new findings and evidence for and against. Just how I work hah My wife get ssuper annoyed as do alot of people haha

(bulkbiker) #10

Errr…

(Chris) #11

Just an analogy no need to get triggered

(Scott) #12

I was going to say
“have faith in keto brother” :grinning:

(Chris) #13

Lol I do! Or else I wouldnt be here :stuck_out_tongue:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #14

Nothing wrong with checking numbers and how your body responds to certain foods/drinks.

My goal is a low GKI (glucose-ketone index, glucose in mmol divided by ketones), so I’m checking daily. I check more often when I’m fasting.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #15

Yes it can. Also caffeine effects cortisol.

At low levels, the difference between 0.6 and 0.4 could just be meter and strip variability. Looking forward to see what the whey plus MCT does. :slight_smile:

(Chris) #17

That one day intested it went from .4 to .3 after the whey and protein. I’m buying more test strips today. Also the last few weeks I’ve been ridiculously tired all day and had sugar cravings and felt a little more bloated but havent changed a single thing in my diet. Very odd things happen in

split this topic #18

3 posts were split to a new topic: When I check my ketones via blood test, it only reads low