Nd help with headaches

(Jean) #1

Been doing keto since late Januaryvandvdown 50lbs. Everything is going well except some constipation at times and can’t snooze in afternoon anymore and some insomnia. For the last 3 days I have had a bad headache, and never really get them . I don’t drink or smoke, checked keto mojo and between 1.9-2.4. Same stress as always nothing new etc . Went to doctor 3 weeks ago and all blood work is great .

Confused and worried

(Carl Keller) #2

Hi Jean.

How much sodium are you getting daily? Both of your symptoms can be caused by failing to get enough sodium. We should aim to get at least 2+ teaspoons per day because eating LCHF means that we are excreting sodium a lot faster than we are used to.

(Ethan) #3

Sounds like electrolyte issue: sodium and magnesium

(Jean) #4

Thanks, I take a magnesium pill but not lots of salt as I have never added to much but will try to add more

('Jackie P') #5

Dehydration is also a common cause of headache.
:blush:hope you feel better soon.

(Cecile Seth) #6

Electrolytes - some need to supplement sodium, magnesium and potassium. Morton’s lite salt has potassium and sodium. We can use it to salt our food, take it straight or add to water for a beverage. There are lots of Inexpensive DIY electrolyte mixtures out there that seem to work well. 18 months in I still get headaches or leg cramps if I’m not getting enough of the three.