Nauseated after carbs

(Heather Cushnie Wescott) #1

Hi everyone
So I have dived into Keto for 5 weeks lost 15 lbs. almost made it through my period and flopped at the last minute ate everything I could find in the house…made cornbread and ate half the 8x8 pan, curry and rice, ice cream…I felt hungover the next day. I’m ok for this week till yesterday I ate almost half a pint of ice cream. Went to bed almost positive I would throw up and woke up feeling the same with a MASSIVE headache. Not a single headache for the 5 strict weeks. Is this normal?
Today has been hard, I feel so nauseated that I only ate 1 fried egg for breakfast, it was zoo day at my school so I had a hotdog (no bun only mustard) and water and lemon cayenne Kevita.
Please let me know if this is normal?

(Rob) #2

If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In reality, it is instructive to have this kind of experience. If it doesn’t make you think twice about doing it again, then you must have a masochistic streak (not that there’s anything wrong with that :flushed:) so either way, good luck to ya!

It is not uncommon especially when you are not yet fat adapted plus the complications of shark week. It shows that you are sensitive to carbs (allergic). You now know this… act accordingly…

…and KCKO!!

(Allan L) #3

LOVE IT!!

(Cathy) #4

In my first year of keto, I had a couple of ‘accidents’ - literally messed up with food unintentionally. I would wake in the night and vomit. It was so unpleasant (to say the least). As noted above, it was truly a vaccine for staying on plan.no.matter.what!!!

I am almost 9 years in on keto now and no longer have such strong reactions to carbs. I recently went on vacation to Europe and ate what I wanted included wheat and was just fine. I did not consume desserts but everything else was fair game. I did intermittent fast.

I believe there is a healing process that takes place and it takes a long time. I think that missteps slow down that process so it is probably wise to avoid carbs for at least a couple of years.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

I can handle a fairly high load of carbohydrate, but I don’t, for two reasons: (1) being a sugar addict, I could easily be off to the races again (if I do start bingeing on carbs, I’ll be sure to let y’all know that it’s time to buy stock in Dunkin’ Donuts!), and (2) I feel unpleasant for days after even a fairly small amount of carbohydrate. So your reaction makes sense to me.

Don’t beat yourself up, by any means; just learn from the experience, and stay on a way of eating that makes you feel good, not bad! :bacon::bacon: