My unhappy vegan is now a happy plant base keto vegan

(Renee Slaughter) #1

I submitted a post long ago about my unhappy vegan. She is now a very happy keto vegan. Keep in mind this was my very fat phobic friend. She would preach to me about the dangers of coconut oil. However, higher carb veganism wasn’t getting her the results she wanted. Which was to lower her A1C. She did her research and decided to give plant based keto a try. Yesterday she told me her A1C is now 4.4. Her doctor was so encouraged by her success that he is presenting her case for peer review. How awesome is that!. I kept calm and keto on all during her time as a unhappy higher carb vegan. Is plant based keto possible? Yes it is. It takes a little more effort, but keto works.
Keep calm and keto on

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

You are a positive influence. Keep spreading the word and changing lives!

(Renee Slaughter) #3

Thank you for your kind words.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Todd Allen) #4

If she is open minded enough to have reconsidered her position on fat perhaps she will soon be ready to reconsider the value of animal based foods too. The longer she has been vegan probably the more she stands to gain from eggs, cheese, fish and meat.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #5

Excellent job :slight_smile:

(Jacqui Taylor) #6

Doubtful

Awesome. I thought being keto and vegan was nigh on impossible but Carrie Diulus corrected me on that when I interviewed her - very inspiring woman.

(Laurie) #8

Thank you. I have a friend who is vegan and gluten free. At first (a few years ago), she lost a lot of weight. But the past couple of years she’s put it all back on, even though she has a physically active job. She’s thinking of going keto while remaining vegan. Any info or resources welcome.

(She prefers YouTube resources, as she has trouble reading.)

(Renee Slaughter) #9

I will definitely ask my happy keto vegan and send you the links. What I know. She did one meal a day, a large salad. However, she wasn’t getting enough fat. She began to track her food, she doesn’t use my fitness pal. But I will ask and post the links.
Best wishes.

I really am on my own and don't know what to do
(KCKO, KCFO) #10

I recently came across this website for vegan keto, might give you some more ideas? I’m not vegan but have friends that are so I keep an eye out for these kinds of sites.

(Candace) #11

I found this to be very helpful

(Laurie) #12

@rslaughter1960, @collaroygal, @cansel

Thank you all so much! I’ll forward the info to her; I’m sure it will be helpful. My friend has already overcome various issues. She’s very interested in nutrition and is always tweaking. And recently I sometimes see her eating eggs or cheese. . . .

(Bron) #13

I know this is a bit late, but Vegan Keto Made Simple is a great facebook group, has resources.