Optional: allspice 1/2 tsp
Sift and mix well
Egg 1 large
Yogurt 3 tbsp
Tahini 2 tbsp
Extra V oil, melted butter or melted coconut oil 1.5 tbsp
Milk full fat 1 tbsp
Optional: Sesame oil 1/4 tsp (a bit) for bit of taste
Optional: Walnuts oil or similar not very strong flavoured oil 1/2 tsp for flavour
Optional: Rose water 1/2 tsp or a few drops of rose extract for flavour
Optional: vanilla extract a few drops for flavour
Prepare all ingredients and get hand mixer ready
Beat egg lightly then add the rest and beat to mix well
Ensure waffle maker is ready in a minute
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat to mix well
Once mix is ready don’t keep it for long as baking powder will start acting and mix get firmer.
Pour the mix into the waffle maker and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes or when steam almost stop coming out from sides
Serve with good amount full fat yogurt, extra thick cream or alike
Bon appetite!

(UsedToBeT2D) #2

Wow. That’s a lot of work.

they look fun (and yummy!). I might try these at some point. one thing I love about recipes like this is that you can prep the dry ingredients way ahead of time. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

(Tired of the yoyo) #4

These look good to me! I don’t usually have tahini on hand, but I suppose I could sub almond or peanut butter?

(Maj) #5

It certainly looks more complicated than it is. I make it in 20 minutes but when I tried to write it down because a friend of my wife asked for the recipe, I noticed it looks very complicated.

(Maj) #6

The best part of this recipe is exactly what you said. I prepare the dry and wet ingredients and leave it in the fridge and mix and bake when I need.

(Maj) #7

I actually have never tried with almond butter but I suspect it goes well, better than tahini. Tahini has a good binding element, hence I could get a good surface definition on the waffles surface but I shall try almond butter this time. Thank you for suggesting.

(Maj) #8

Check out the pictures of finished product from this morning!