My progress after about a Year and a Half of Keto and P90x3

fasting

(Adam ) #1

Ok so I’ve been living a Ketogenic / Intermittent Fasting lifestyle with four to five days of training per week (Half hour of p90x3 usually) for about a year and a half now.

I realised I needed to make a change to my carb filled diet during the summer of 2018 whilst on holiday in Majorca. Carbs for every meal I was getting an unsettled stomach on a regular basis.

I always liked to work out and did so a couple of times a week but as the rule goes “You can’t out train a bad diet” so I started gaining fat, especially around my mid section. Combine that with a sedentary career and physique was struck in a skinny/fat limbo.

One day I was trawling through Netflix and I stumbled across a documentary called “the magic pill’ in which the focus was a Ketogenic diet and lifestyle and that changed everything. I found myself seeking out more and more info on YouTube and Instagram and haven’t looked back since. Around the same time I watched the BBC documentary on Fasting by Michael Mosely which prompted me to implement intermittent fasting into my regime.

I did the same workout routines P90x3 mainly but cut out the refined carbs and sugars and the fat just dropped off me.

At my heaviest I was around 13st (182 lbs), I’m now 11st6 (160lbs) and with a lot more muscle mass. All thanks to Keto and p90x3.
I’m now in probably in the best shape at 45 years old than I’ve ever been in… I track most meals and workouts on my IG page @ketofit45.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you need any advice or more details on what I eat or how I train. I’m happy to help.

Photos Below, let me know what you think…

(Mary) #2

Look at you! You look fantastic!

(Marianne) #3

Good for you - you look tight!

Just be careful of those rotator cuffs. My husband has had to have surgery in each shoulder now. I think you become more susceptible when you’re older.

Looking good dude! Congrats!

(Adam ) #5

Thanks for all the kind words guys…:+1:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6

Wow you look great! Congrats!

(Susan) #7

You have done amazingly well, Adam --you look terrific. Congrats on your keto success.

(Adam ) #8

Thanks

You must have the girls falling all over you! You look great! Good work!

(Debra J griffith) #10

Yeah…Smokin’ hot!

(Alex ) #12

I really like Michael Moseley, some people give him crap press, but his books are good, he’s easy to understand, and by and large his info is sound.

Well done on the body revamp, bet you feel amazing!