My own Intermittent Fasting experiment, 6 months in

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #1

In May of 2017, I began intermittent fasting, starting with a restricted feeding window, then moving to once a day, and then, sometimes, every other day. I can’t say I’m strictly keto when I eat, but that’s what I aim for as I know it helps make fasting much easier. I go into a bit more detail on all this on my personal blog.

First, my stats from May 2017:

• Weight: 311 pounds or 141 kilos, which is about 15 pounds below my high water mark from 2016
  • Blood Glucose (30-day average): 137 mg/dL or 8 mmol/L
  • A1C (based on a blood test): 7.1

As of today:

• Weight: 256 pounds or 116 kilos, about 70 pounds or 32 kilos under my high water mark
  • Blood glucose (30-day average): 99 mg/dL or about 5.6 mmol/L
  • A1C (estimated based on 90-day average, will do a blood test in a few weeks): 5.4

I’d say it’s a pretty successful experiment…one I plan to continue for a while.

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

I agree, you have had a very good experiment.

Wishing you continued great results and good health.

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #3

Thank you :slight_smile:

Given the positive results I’ve had doing one meal every other day, I may have to do that far more often. I seem to feel better when I am in a fasted state.

(Karl Bork) #4

I can honestly say that fasting on a keto diet is much easier for me. I used to fast on a standard diet and it was a struggle.

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #5

I definitely have more trouble fasting on days where I had a lot of carbs the day before. It’s a good reminder to severely limit the carbs.

(John) #6

Great work. I have been listening to the Obesity Code and your results line up with a lot of what Dr Fung wrote in his book.

I have been lazy keto since Febuary 2017 with some IF and a few extended fasts and had great results. I am considering an experiment of following a 20/4 IF on weekdays whilst I am at work and eating clean but not strictly keto in the evenings and on weekends. I hope I have the same good results as you and keep up what your doing as it is obviously working for you.