My night time meal before an extended fast, trying to get back into ketosis

in the morning yesterday after fasting for 20 hours, I decided to break it with
6 eggs,
200g chicken breast
1 avocado,
olive oil,
mct oil,
sea salt peanutbutter(only 1g carb per serving)
and a handful of berries(around 20g carbs total)

this was basically what I THOUGHT would be my only meal of the day

I thought that would be it, and I would take a rest day tomorrow and just fasted, but plans changed and I went to a restaurant and had a bunless burger. This started up my appetite again, and so I decided to later on have more chicken breast, added atleast 50g of coconut oil and some apple cider vinegar,and had another great meal. I decided to also have a few more berries and a spoonfuls more of the peanut butter.

I consider this cheating, and it did slow me down but this morning I trained fasted and plan on not eating until tomorrow or the day after, just so I can get back into ketosis. do you think I’ll be back in the fat burning mode by then?

You’ll get there. Trust your body.

(Renee Slaughter) #3

Did you check your ketone levels? Your carbs may have been a little up there but it looks like mostly keto foods. I say this cause sometimes I can go above the 20 into 35 and still stay in ketosis.

i count total carbs, and I would say I got 80 or a bit more, I tried to counteract the carbs by eating even more fat, which is why I added coconut oil liberally

(Nuno & Brooke) #5

I count total carbs as well and try to keep it around 50g. It works well for me. 80g of carbs once in a while won’t make a big difference. You’re doing great in my opinion.

@gotta_google what’s the benefits of tracking total carbs if our bodies don’t digest fiber?

I just feel like i’m lying to myself if I count only net carb lol