My legs got rekt

I am very worried,5 days ago I had first sprint training.I probably did too much,I didnt get rabdo,but my legs were sore 4 days.I ate tons of protein,meat,eggs & dairy,I thought I just need to recover and everything is going to be all right,but today I noticed signs that show something is wrong with my legs.

By this point,I should have been recovered but I dont feel like that.I didnt feel any soreness last two days when standing on walking but today when walking up or down a hill my inner thighs still feel weak and sore.

Today I runned like 5 meters when crossing the road and on the first step I felt pain in my left upper inner thigh and since then it feels like very sore muscle,actualy I think it feels beyond sore,like damaged or something.I dont think its muscle tear,maybe I stretched it too much too fast,IDK,its just weird and I dont know what to think about it,I am very concerned,I used to mini run across road billion times,never got hurt.

I will try eat alot protein and recover,I hope it will go away,but its very strange and unusual for me,I hope I didnt caused some serious damage that will take long time to heal.Did anything like this happened to you? I never felt pain during sprint,I dont think its torn,but there is definately something.

Also,I am two weeks into carnivore diet.It seems manganese is the nutrient that is furthest from RDA,Shawn Baker with his 4 pounds of steak is like 4% RDA.I am not sure if those numbers are accurate.I tried to search but couldnt find info on manganess in animal foods.I am considering eating oats or peanut butter,I read these two are high in manganese,what are best sources of manganese?

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

Perhaps you pulled something and didn’t realize it at the time. Sometimes a minor muscle strain won’t be noticed at the time.

Also there is sometimes delayed pain if your pushing your muscles too far to fast. I’ve had this happen before I started Keto, so I wouldn’t bet on it being related. The pain shows up a day or two later. I find it’s worse on the second day after and then subsides. There’s actually anterm for it but I can’t recall at this time.

(icky) #3

What is rektju and rabdo?

Rekt = wrecked
Rabdo = rabdomialisis

Rektju = typo caused by iron age android tablet

(Bunny) #5

This might help!

The Carnivore Diet – Symptoms and Cures

Thank you,but I am sure its not some carnivore diet flu.Prior to that I have been two weeks keto and had zero keto flu even through I went cold turkey with the carbs.Furthermore this all started after heavy sprint training,I didnt do that for decade.Thinking about it now, it was incredibily dumb idea to go 100% effort right at first training,my sedentary muscles werent ready for it.

(Edith) #7

Okay, how about salt? Have you made sure you are getting enough after such a challenging workout? I ran into trouble a few months ago. I had stopped supplementing salt thinking I was was getting enough through my food. Well, my whole body started cramping. It was terribly painful and scary. As soon as I started adding extra salt back in, everything was fine.

Thank youfor suggestion but I think its not salt.I salt alot since going keto/carni.But I think magnesium deficiency might been involved becose yesterday when I woken up and stretched my legs,I almost got cramp,I had that on the edge of full blown cramp crampy feeling.

First meal in the morning I ate yogurt and magnesium pill but I got diarrhea becose I am lactose intolerant,so that magnesium wasnt absorbed properly probably.I popped another 400mg magnesium lactate before sleep and today I feel great,crampy feeling gone and legs significantly better.

I feel much better today,legs feel magicaly recovered,I still feel it but its much better.I think what happened was that my legs got extremly sore,but not hurt,and simultaneously I got mild magnesium deficiency so together it seemed like some serious problem.

What I noticed is that when I walk,I dont feel the soreness but it can still be there,the moment I start running or walking on sloped surface I will notice I am still sore.I was probably sore after fourth day,I just stopped noticing it becose I was sedentary chilling in my home.

Yesterday I ate yogurt hoping there is not enough lactose to cause the D,but I still got it.After my intestines returned to normal after some toilet death metal glutural “vocal” session,I ate 4 eggs with bacon and 2.2 pounds of lean pork with alot butter,it was about 230g of protein total.Today I woke up and my legs feel significantly recovered,that inner upper left thigh,I almost cant feel it today,whatever it was,over night it regenerated,meat heals lol :blush: