My keto background

fasting

(Sunshine) #1

My keto background:
I got into keto very easily, my urine reading was been above 4 even from day 2, and I even got several 8 and 16 within the first 2 weeks. I lost 8 lbs in the first 2 weeks, and 6 lbs came right back in week 3, with me still eating the same keto food and have high keto readings. Then I was back and forth for a couple months, I started really stick to Keto diet when the stay at home order started in March. My weight went down very slowly, at around 2 lbs per month.

My question:
I went for a hard day hiking, and my breath keto reads are at 9.5 for continuous 4 days after that, no matter what time I test during the days. I drank 250 ml wine, then the 2nd day it is at 6.5; then I drank 500 ml wine, finally got my reading to 2.9 on the next day. Then I did a 36 hour fasting, it is back to 9.5 again… Am I abnormal? Do I suppose to drink wine all the time keep my keto level under 3?

Thank you!

The Acetone that you’re measuring is an alcohol, the alcohol you drink in the wine is an alcohol. So once you drink alcohol breath results aren’t trust-able for a while, until your liver processes it all out. Rest assured, once you drank that wine you were out of ketosis very soon after. Makes no different what the breath (or blood) reading is at that point.