My changes are touching (or not touching...)

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1

I wrote this in my own thread but got a couple of responses so I thought everyone might like to share.

You know when you have your arms down and they’re suddenly not touching a part of your torso that was there before, and you’re talking to your coworker but find yourself touching your hip and thinking, huh, that feels smaller while you should be paying attention? That happened to me this week.

@Ruina talked about probing her jawline and @Dimo feeling the tendons in her neck. I thought we probably aren’t the only ones.

I’ll add I felt my hip bone for the first time in a long time a month ago. It’s still covered with fat and positional but I have confirmation that’s it there!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2

It’s always nice to be sure!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3

Yes I can suddenly see and feel bones that I never knew were there :joy: collarbone, hipbone, just so many bones. Also I noticed my thighs don’t touch nearly as much as they used to - so maybe I don’t need to wear shorts underneath dresses anymore (to avoid the dreaded “chub rub” :joy:)

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

I don’t know if I’ll ever quit. It’s like a security blanket.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5

You mean like for modesty, or that you’ll always feel like you “need” them?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

For modesty. I often find myself on my hands and knees at work, dropping crap under a press or if something is in my way and it’s heavy, I crawl under it instead of moving it. The path of least resistance and all that! (It’s a back v. hands and knees dilemma)

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #7

Ah, understood and I’d wear shorts in that case also. I honestly hardly ever wear dresses. I’m more of a jeans and T-shirt or leggings and T-shirt kinda gal. Although some women swear by dresses, saying they’re comfy. But LEGGINGS though, that’s ultimate comfort if you ask me :woman_shrugging:t4:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #8

For me it’s dresses year round with leggings and cardigans in the winter and sleeveless and bike shorts in the summer. It’s like wearing pajamas every single day!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #9

Living the dream :sunglasses:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #10

I forgot my shorts the other day when I wore a dress! And I didn’t have to cowboy walk my way home! But it gets pretty sticky here in the summer, so I don’t think I could get away with that in warmer weather no matter how thin I got. At least not without some of this:
051157_1_500x
Came in handy when I lived in the tropics.

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Thanks for sharing this. I have an issue with body image. Feeling the chin bones, neck bones, collar bones, and hip bones along with a tiny thigh gap in the mirror really assist me in adapting to my new smaller size. I often think, I’m so fat, why can’t I get thin again? Then these things remind me, oh I am thin again and I now own a size small wardrobe now as well.

Love this WOE, just wish I had gone keto with Dr. Atkins instead of the Weight Watchers, etc. when I first put on my weight. I yoyoed for years before keto/lchf.

(Marianne) #12

Sadly, I’ve never experienced this even the times when I was thin. The lifelong fat/thin cycle has hit my upper arms pretty bad.

Yeah, guys do it too. :slight_smile:

For me, my head/facial bones have been the most fascinating. It’s like I’ve actually got a skull with a jaw line and everything!

No comment on brains, but a skull, definitely!

So answer me this. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

Talking about jaw bones and tendons, I sometimes have an issue where I’ll turn my head and (I don’t know if it’s a tendon, or muscle, or what) some part of my neck will “lock” in place and I can’t turn it back without considerable pain.

I don’t ever recall this happening before, when I was fat.

EDIT: Turn my head, or yawn! It just happened, and reminded me that was another factor. Sometimes, if I put my hand on my neck before I finish yawning, I can keep it from happening, or keep it from being quite so intense.

I know, I’m weird. Continue talk about feeling yourselves. :slight_smile:

It happens to my elbows and has always happened occasionally, so I don’t think it has anything to do with fat. It happens when I’m trying to straighten my arm. Instead of forcing it straight, bending it again seems to release whatever it causing it to “lock.”

Oh yes, the collarbone! That feels really weird. I’m beginning to think I might have well over 100 bones in my body. :slight_smile:

Believe it or not, this can be an issue for guys in pants too. That’s why I wear boxer/briefs, so they’re tight against my leg, but they go down to about mid-thigh.

Are you ever afraid of catching your skirt in one of those pieces of machinery, or is that not a risk?

Yep, this always happens to my elbows too, before and after keto, but my neck is a different experience. I don’t know, it just seems weird to be happening now. :man_shrugging:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #17

I’ve never thought about that being an issue for guys but you’re right, I can see that! And I’m pretty self conscious about my collarbones actually, I feel like they make me look like a skeleton. Better than being hidden under excess fat though :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jill F.) #18

One that has surprised me is lack of fat padding on my knee caps. I go to yoga several days a week and had to get some knee padding to put between my knees and the yoga mat. Who knew I had chubby knees before, lol?!?!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #19

Isn’t it amazing how many places we can have excess fat? Even my fingers have gotten much thinner. I went from a size 9 ring finger to a size maybe 7.5 now (I say maybe because I’m not 100% certain. I’m wearing a size 8 ring and it’s definitely too large, but I haven’t been sized recently to know for sure what size I am)

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #20

Nah, I wear an apron. It kind of holds everything in.