My 7 Day Bacon Fast (challenge)

(Ashley) #42

Yay!!! Bacon went back up around me :frowning: miss my $2.50 bacon.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #43

I’ve been spending a fortune buying the Kirkland pre-cooked, just because I haven’t had time to cook what I had at home (or what I had until my son ate it).
But tomorrow I’m getting a 4 pack and cooking up a :poop:ton of :bacon: until my kitchen is coated in bacon grease.

(Ashley) #44

Yummm, it does take time I bake mine 1lb for 40 minutes at 350 but it comes out so good. And besides the wait it’s effortless.

(Raj Seth) #45

I find the Costco precooked bacon to be about the same price as raw. Just miss out on the bacon grease stock

(LeeAnn Brooks) #46

The precooked 1 pound package is 9.99.

The uncooked 4 pack of 1 pound packages (so 4 pounds) is 14.99.

(Raj Seth) #47

Ahh but 1lb cooked is like 3 lbs raw

(LeeAnn Brooks) #48

I’ll have to count out the number of pieces. Maybe you’re right.
When I log, I go by that. And I don’t pay attention to the recommended 1- 1 1/2 pounds for women. I just eat to satiety. If I’m doing all bacon, I usually end up somewhere around 1600 calories for the day, just eating to satiety.

Usually around 8 or 9 servings of two slices bacon for each serving at each of my two meals. Though I have on occasion gone back for a 10th.:wink:

(Raj Seth) #49

I love the hotel breakfasts with a huge tub of bacon. Nom nom

(LeeAnn Brooks) #50

You just gave me an idea for an all Keto buffet restaurant.

Just picture it… all kinds of bacon from thick cut to ends to seasoned. Pork belly. Eggs. Burgers. Fresh avacado. Olives. Cheese. Maybe a little bit of leafy greens or broccoli if we must, but a good selection of high fat sauces to douse it in.

The bacon should get its own section. We can have limp at one end and crispy at the other.
:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Raj Seth) #51

You know I’m on day 2 of a 3.5 day fast right? What’s your real name? Marquis de Sade?
Dayum. I’d come to that restaurant regularly. Heck I’d put a cot in the back

Looking forward to the bacon bar at Ketofest
I’m fasting 11 of the next 22 days in preparation for the KetoFeast at Ketofest!!

(Ashley) #52

Day 2. I’m down about 1lb. We will see if that changes over the next few days.

(Nicole Milatz) #53

How much bacon do you have a day? I really want to try this!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #54

Women are to eat 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of bacon per day.

(Sondra Rose) #55

I had a dream last week that I was in a Bacon restaurant. :bacon:

They ONLY served bacon. Lots of different flavors. You even got a few slices as a free appetizer, lol!

(Nathanael Schulte) #56

That seems like a long cook time. I’m doing about 12-15 minutes at 400 and it comes out perfect almost every time.

(Ashley) #57

400 renders out A lot of the fat, I prefer 350 cause it holds in more fat, I also do thick bacon not the thin stuff.

(Nathanael Schulte) #58

I normally don’t do thick, but even when I do, I cut back the temp to about 375 and cook for closer to 20 minutes. I also lt cook in the rendered fat and I’m not patting off the fat when I’m eating it. Either way, I suppose. I might give your method a try and see what happens.

(Ashley) #59

Could also be the brand I use, maybe slightly thicker? Some type of thick Smithfield brand. Even then it’s not crispy, definetly has a slight bounce to it.

(What The Fast?!) #60

I get the Kirkland blue package (Costco) and cook it at 350 for 30 minutes. Perfect every single time.

(Michele ) #61

I am wanting to start the bacon fast but want to make sure I understand it right. So it is just bacon (1-1.5 lbs daily) and I can have a cup of coffee in the morning and then water rest of the day? Any specific type of bacon? I usually eat Applegate Natural bacon and I notice its lower in fat, etc than others. And if I have one egg, I take away two slices of bacon? Thank you so much for your help and clarifying.