My 1st Cheesecake? ... Well, sort-of

Wow😍

(Terence Dean) #142

Works well with Kiwifruit too!
Daves_Cheesecake_KiwiFruit

Well, sure does look like it works well together. :slight_smile: … You should also notice that the cake will just get creamier, as each day passes. (Well, if it last that long!)

(Terence Dean) #144

Yep it definitely gets better everyday, its not going to last very long though. :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’ll make a couple next and freeze one.

(Brian) #145

Ok Dave here is the finished product

Nice looking cake, Brian. And yep, psychedelic indeed! … The 60’s and 70’s would be envious! :smile: Should be a hit too, and as tall as that guy came out, you definitely are spot on to let it set up for a few days.

BTW, what size pan is that? if it’s only a 7" or 8", you might find that a 10" might hold it better, and provide even more slices since it’s being taken to a get-together. But there’s nothing wrong with it being that tall. Very cool.

(Terence Dean) #147

My 3rd cheese cake, this one is a lemon version, and it cracked a bit about half an hour after removing from the oven to cool. I cooked it for 50 minutes and removed it. It cracked a bit in the middle about 3 inches long, not sure why, whether it was the lemon juice (1/4 cup) or whether it came out of the oven too quickly.

So I added some fruit and will freeze it overnight and see how it turns out when I remove the spring form. For this one I made a flat base rather than the edged one, lets see how it turns out.

(Doug) #148

Terence, work of art!

(Terence Dean) #149

:rofl: I just hope it doesn’t require an art-form to get it out of there!! :wink:

Looks good. I would recommend only placing it in the fridge for now, and once the spring-form pan is removed, then look at freezing. Also, pre-slicing it prior to freezing helps too.

As for the cracking, the two things that usually cause this, is either over mixing the batter once the eggs have been added, or over-cooking. But my guess it’s the mixing, plus with adding the additional liquid (Lemon Juice) it will make it a little thinning, which would help with this. … There’s nothing wrong when it cracks, but is more for aesthetically pleasing when they don’t. But if you’re adding toppings, it doesn’t show, as your artwork above shows! :slight_smile:

Just keep in mind when you don’t use the crust up the sides, you sometimes have to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen, and just an additional tip, you should let the cake set up and be removed from the pan before adding toppings. But as you show, it can be done, but helps with removal if it doesn’t have the toppings.

(Terence Dean) #151

Yeah thanks Dave, too late its frozen and I just released it from the spring form. It came away nicely. Yes its possible I mixed it for too long but I did also cook it for 5 minutes longer than the last one, mind you this one is higher too so more volume as well. I added a teaspoon of psyllium to the crust with no problems, no-one would ever know unless I told them. :wink:

(Adriana) #152

Oh, I love this thread!

I was looking for a cheesecake recipe and this looks great and easy to make. Has someone tried to make this using stevia (liquid or powdered)? I haven’t found erythritol anywhere in my area but want to make this, I’ll do it this weekend :smile:

Welcome Adriana, I don’t believe anyone here has tried Stevia, either liquid or powdered, but I’m sure it will work. I have both Stevia and Truvia myself, but just found both of them have a slight aftertaste that I didn’t like. So I personally used Erythritol in place of sugar, which makes a great substitute since it also provide about the same measured volume. - You might have to adjust the Stevia due to it being much sweeter, & less volume.

If you do try it, please let us know how it comes out. :slight_smile:

lol … Just hope you can cut into it! :smile: During summer my Mom would freeze hers, but it was always slice-able because during the hotter weather, the freezer didn’t get as cold. But in colder times, it would get solid, and you couldn’t slice into it.

(Adriana) #154

Yeah, not a fan either… but I’ll try it this weekend and let you know.

(Terence Dean) #155

You’re correct Dave, I had to thaw it out again to cut it up, it was like trying to cut an iceberg!! :rofl:

Wow lemon is great, I don’t really think it needs extra fruit, my wife got to test drive this one. I’m on a diet. :stuck_out_tongue: Looks quite good with no sides, certainly easier to make this way. Tastes great (apparently), thanks Dave!!

I was thinking I need a matcha green tea cheesecake. Then I thought of this thread. There’s my contribution. Still haven’t made one yet. . . Can’t find my hand mixer.

(Diane) #157

But it sure is beautiful!

First, I agree with Diane, that it does indeed look good. But also get what you say about not needing any fruit. There’s times that I do like a piece with something for a topping, but there’s also times I just want to enjoy the cheesecake for itself. The richness, creaminess, etc. … Hope your diet doesn’t last too long, so you can get to enjoy a piece. But then again, keeping pieces frozen with allow it to wait for you. :slight_smile:

Took the day off today, and after going out and cutting the grass here shortly, I was hoping to getting around to making something tonight myself. :slight_smile: … Will post it if I do.

(Virginia ) #159

Yum, love lemon. Looks good Janie.

She keeps talking about this cake and how good it looks! She’s a lemon fanatic as well. :slight_smile: