My 1st Cheesecake? ... Well, sort-of

Well, while out shopping around for riding mowers, stopped by Giant and went to pick up some mint extract, but ended up getting Raspberry and Orange. I got to thinking maybe my wife would like a cheesecake flavored like the Orange Creamsicle she’s always liked. When I mentioned it, she lit up some and said that could be good. :slight_smile:

So I might wait till the small springform pans come in and start experimenting some to see if I can sort it out.

(Jane) #42

I made your cheesecake recipe this weekend and OMG - do I have one happy hubby at home!!! He couldn’t believe how good it was.

He has a big sweet tooth and really misses the sweets. This was perfect and it came out nice and creamy - thanks for the recipe and the other tips you included!!!

Very glad he liked it! :slight_smile: … I was thinking about trying another one tomorrow night, but still not sure which? I was thinking Chocolate or Chocolate Mint, but my son keeps mentioning Peanut Butter and I was also throwing around the idea of trying to create a Strawberry Shortcake version for my wife? (Still have to create that one, so will take some time experimenting.)

I already created the other two types in SAD versions, so I will just have to switch them over to Keto Friendly, as I did the Original one.

Did you by chance go with the all-Almond crust? And If I may ask, how much butter did you go with for the crust. I only ask, because the first one was quite wet, and I found the second one to be real close to what I wanted.

Thanks, and enjoy! … Hope you freeze a couple pieces, because it does make a nice Ice Cream Cheesecake. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #44

I did use all almond flour. Well all I had was almond meal, so that. And I went with the 2-1/2 Tbl butter in the crust and it turned out just fine.

I upped the erithritol to 3/4 cup since my husband likes things on the sweet side and I was happy with it, and so was he. He is on maintenance so he splurged with a Tbl of my homemade strawberry preserves on top.

Cool, always nice when you add a topping you like. Though, I don’t mind eating them plain. … I did forget to ask how long you waited to let it set up. I’ve had some of my wife’s family eat one I did not 3 or 4 hours after I made it! … I tried to tell them it just gets creamier the longer it sits, but they couldn’t wait to dig in! :smile:

I wouldn’t be able to wait either. I would love to have a cheesecake maker in my family. Maybe I can train my kids.

Give it a shot, they are really not that hard to make. The crust is the biggest pain, but it’s not that bad once you get used to it. Some just put the crust on the bottom, but I’ve always like the crust to come up the sides, and my customers also like this. … For appearances, it does look better when you do. But for eating, it doesn’t matter. Just makes for a messier pan. :slight_smile:

I’ve been wanting a spring form pan for a while. I’m going to try this!

Good for you! I actually just ordered some 4" for experimenting. Also thought to get some, but always made full sized 10" or now 9". But now I have a reason to get some!

Hope you let me know how it comes out. It’s really hard to mess up really, just check out the post above and I go through how I make them. Just don’t over-mix when you add the eggs last. It’s not a big deal, but it will cause cracking because it adds more air to the mix.

BTW - Nice looking pup in your Avatar. … Mine is of my Male Pup, Kito, who’s now 6. So yep, named him before ever hearing of Keto. Though it’s pronounced the same. :slight_smile: Happy baking.

(Terence Dean) #50

22.72 carbs is not too shabby for a sugar and floured cheese cake. A commercial piece of cheese cake of say 90g is 32.3 grams with about 16.7g of those of sugar. So did you use a full cup of sugar or half for the diabetic clients?

I usually use a half cup of sugar for that. And it doesn’t taste that bad really, just cuts the sugar in half. Most told me they like it, and when they put strawberries or some other dry fruit on it, it works nice.

Haha… I just had to post these, because they are just too goddamn cute! :smile: … I’m going to have some real fun with little guys. Not just for testing cheesecake recipes, but for a whole lot of other things! My mind is already spinning on all the possibilities! Picture may look big, but they’re tiny. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #53

I was back in the market today getting compensated for being overcharged $2/lb for my pork belly (charged me for bacon incorrectly).

My husband wandered over to the kitchen section and brought me back two springform pans just that size. I can’t wait try try them out!

(Alexia Falcone ) #54

monkfruit works really great as a sweetner… the texture is great… just mix it with Philadalphia full fat to taste and 5 eggs per kilo … for the crust I just mixed the walnuts in a cuisinart until they rendered their oil a bit ( no sugar) and pressed it into the bottom of the pan :yum:

That looks quite good! … Thanks, will check into that.

(Alexia Falcone ) #56

I cook it at 100 degrees C ( 210 F i think) until it stops jiggling in the middle

(Jane) #57

Let us know how your minis turn out. Hubby picked up 2, then later thought he should have gotten 3. But your recipe should scale nicely for 2 mini pans. Two packages of cream cheese and 2 eggs and everything else scaled at 2/3’ds

I was actually thinking 1/3 mix per mini, so I think you’re dead on! Then you will both have your own. :slight_smile: Plus, if I use 1/3, I could then make three at the cost of materials for one. (which is great for experimenting) I already have a few in mind, or I should say, demands from the family. :neutral_face:

• Peanut Butter - Which shouldn’t be a problem (I’m just debating making my own, or using the lowest carb PB?

• Chocolate Mint - I would have done this one already, but forgot to pick up the needed supplies at the store.

• Orange Cream - For the wife, and this one I will have to do some experimenting, before creating it. Haven’t tried one of those yet, so will have to do some research. We’ll see about when I get to it.

• Strawberry Shortcake - Again for the wife, but I’ve actually had this one planned for some time, but never got to it. Need to just work out the mix, but I know it might be tricky.

Others that I make, but more so around the Holidays are; Eggnog Cheesecake, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Spiced Dutch Apple Cheesecake (But not sure how Keto Friendly I can make that one, since I line the entire top with cinnamon apple slices?) The only other I can think of is Lemon Meringue, which again, shouldn’t be a problem.

I usually cook mine @ 300 convections, until light cracking starts to form around the edges, and you can see it swelling/raising from the pan edge in. And yes, the center is never jiggling when I remove. But I still like to let it set up a few days, which tightens it up even more and it gets quite creamy.

(Alexia Falcone ) #60

hmmm…i’ll have to try it that way!