My 1st Cheesecake? ... Well, sort-of

(Jane) #242

I froze 4 slices from the one I made at Christmas - 2 slices per vacuum seal bag.

Thawed out 2 slices yesterday and it was just as good as when it was fresh - nice and creamy.

@Digital_Dave Dave, my husband wants a cheesecake for Valentine’s day… One question - do you use a water bath when baking your cheesecakes?

No, I don’t personally. I do know some do this, but I don’t find it necessary myself. I believe most use a water bath to help keep the cake from cracking, but I don’t have this issue with mine. I think getting the timing right really helps with this… So for me, when I see the light cracking starting to form around the edges, I know it’s pretty much good to go. Overcooking is what usually causes the cake to crack as well as dropping/sinking down in the center. (Each oven is different, but for my present one, 55 minutes at 300° convection works each time. If I go to 60 minutes or even more, I will get cracking in the center, as well as the center dropping down which I don’t like.) Hope it works out, and maybe you can share a photo? :slight_smile: … I haven’t made any myself since Christmas. Haven’t had any orders since then.

Ok, thanks Dave, I’ll skip the water bath, less mess. :wink: I will be using a heart-shaped silicone mold and I think I will have some crust and filling left over, so I’ll have some fun and put that one in the IP. :slight_smile: I’ll share the end results :slight_smile:

My cheesecake :slight_smile:
I prepared some strawberry gel hearts, but they didn’t set, so my husband can eat them with a spoon :wink:

The crack is from trying to get it out of the silicone heart mold…

I had some leftover ground almonds from x-mas, so I used those instead of flour, 150g. I’ll use the entire bag of 200g and add 1 more tbsp of butter, maybe 2.
I used 2 200g packages of cream cheese (we have 200g packages), 80g sour cream, 2 eggs, 1/4tsp CoT and I ground 1/2 cup Sukrin Gold into a powder.
I’ll share my husband’s opinion in the afternoon, after he attacks it :slight_smile:

Nice… I hope it taste as good as it looks. :+1:

Husband-approved, he said it’s very tasty and very creamy. Thanks Dave :slight_smile:

(Susan) #249

Awesome, it certainly looks beautiful =).

Thanks Susan :slight_smile:

It was my husband’s birthday on Thursday and he wanted another cheesecake. :slight_smile:
I still had some leftover ground almonds, so I used them again.
Base: 250g of ground almonds, 70g melted butter, cinnamon
Filling: 200g cream cheese, 80g sour cream, 8tbsp ground Sukrin Gold, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and 2 eggs.

@Digital_Dave My husband loves your recipe, he says the cheesecake is so wonderfully creamy… thanks again :slight_smile:

You’re quite welcome. Glad he likes it. :slight_smile:

(Jon) #254

Greatly enjoying this topic … though I’m slightly sad that it’s died off a bit. :sunglasses:

Just made my first cheesecake from a recipe on the internet, and it turned out horribly, but it’s a learning experience. The recipe I was following, for the filling, it just said sweeten to taste, and since the amount of sweeteners being added elsewhere in the recipe were in the amount of a teaspoon, and I had to guess on the filling, I went with a tablespoon … guess what … that’s not nearly enough!

Then after refrigerating over night, the side of the pan came off easily, but the bottom was very nasty, and I left more than half the crust on the bottom of the pan. Going to have to invest in one of those cake spatula things!

So I’ve just got to ask, since it sounded potentially wonderful … did anything ever work out with the idea of the orange creamsicle cheesecake?

Unfortunately no, I never got around to doing any testing on it. But it’s not forgotten either. … Shortly after posting about it, things kind-of started falling apart. … One of my Pups was diagnosed with Kidney Failure and passed just a couple weeks back. Then between this crazy ass weather along with work stuff, I just haven’t had much time to fool around with. - But since I’m not only now working from home presently with this epidemic, but actually don’t even have to work for a couple weeks, I may actually make some time to do some experimenting. (IF… I can get some needed supplies) Most of the shelves are being cleared as soon as they’re stocked some and we have no idea how long that might last.

If I do get to though, I will post something on it. … Already planning to make the Wife another Chocolate one this week, so maybe I can play around some. :+1: