🇺🇸 ‘Murica Group 🇺🇸

(TJ Borden) #1

I’m feeling a little left out with this new UK group. So I propose we start group for Americans (and Canadians don’t count since they still have the queen on their money).

A few ground rules:

• no extra “u”s in words. It’s Color, Humor, etc…
  • temperatures are in Fahrenheit
  • other than grams for carb count, food is measured in lbs, ounces, tablespoons, and teaspoons.
  • proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation are not necessary.

‘Murica, fuck yeah.

I’m down!

(Georgia) #3

Good one! :grin:

Can I add:

It’s pork rinds, not scratchings (chiccarones are optional)

(Jay Patten) #4

:joy::rofl:

(Jeanne Wagner) #5

Oh man I still have a hard time learning metrics. We learned them in school but I still have to visualize what it looks like compared to Imperial measurements. Dang conversions! I do jewelry so lengths such as mm, cm, and m are easy for me, but I still get stuck on kilos, grams. I want ounces!

Aren’t we like one of only three countries still using Imperial measurements?

Yup, only a handful of us left. Distance I’ve always been good that way since in the telecom world everything is in meters, all my measuring cups and spoons have both the cup value and the ml, plus we’ve always used liters for drinks we’re like a weirdo hybrid of the two worlds, plus even here everything medical or scientific is always metric, where not that far off. Kids in school now can’t do fractions to save their life, I think their slowly phasing them out.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

Is this necessary? Aren’t we the majority? Isn’t most of the content US/Can centric?

(TJ Borden) #8

Canadians don’t count; metric system.

And most importantly, check the topic category :wink:

(Doug) #9

Let’s not be too hard on Canadians. I’m American but worked in Canada for 9 years and lived there for 4. Have to say - the average Canadian is nicer than the average American. Not bashing us Yanks, and there are some pretty scurvy Canucks, but I do think an overall generalization can be made.

Our flag can be a steak, couple bricks of kerrygold, some salami, and an AR-15!

MURICA!

Phasing out the fractions or the kids? :laughing:

(ANNE ) #13

Quite a few Canadians are bi lingual, they can measure in grams, cups, ounces, feet, yards,
Inches, pounds, dollar (Royal and green).

As a Brit living in Alberta, I am now trilingual, as I also measure my myself in stones and pounds…

Recent arrival to the Keto life. Surely the Keto flag is three rashers of bacon…

Enjoy the Murica group y’all.

(Ethan) #14

The first time I went to the UK, I saw a magazine headline, “How I lost a stone in a week.” I was really surprised about the popularity of passing kidney stones.

(Sophie) #15

Although I’m a 'Murican, I do enjoy hanging out over in the UK. I just love all their wee quirks and crazy names for things like sammies, cuppa and biccies and those scratchings! And when I see lardon, it tickles me to no end, as in “I get a hardon for lardons”! I just can’t help myself! :rofl::laughing::rofl:

(Tara) #16

Alright America! How about the upper midwest? Where I grew up eating hotdish for supper and drinking lots of pop? :smirk:

(Tubeman) #17

Despite living in the us for 20 years, I still hate Fahrenheit. I mean, water boiling at 32? Boiling at 212? That’s just madness.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #18

Makes about as much sense as U.K. money before decimalisation. And after you finally finish explaining the pounds, shillings, and pence, some bloke has to come by and mention guineas!

(TJ Borden) #19

Like the pets?

Your spelling here is suspicious. Are you actually a Brit posing as a Connecticut Yankee?

(Doug) #21

In for a penny, in for a pound.