Movie theater

(Mike Glasbrener) #1

I enjoy going to the movies with family to see fun things. Traditionally we’d order popcorn and soft drinks. When I was rather low carb a bunch of years ago I remember eating only 4 kernals for the taste and quiting. I just drank my diet cola. I fell way off the wagon for about 4 years and gained most of it back. I’ve been Keto for ~2.5 months and lowing carb for a month before that. Anyhow, I went to the theater today with the fam. They got popcorn and soft drinks. I wanted something to drink. I asked about unsweetened tea. She went around back and the machine wasn’t working. So I purchased bottled water for $4.75. I didn’t eat anything because I ate some left over NY steak for a late lunch/snack before. I was completely ok without any craving at all for the popcorn and aspartame gives me a roaring headache. So none of that for me. All in all a NSV for me. Albeit a minor one.

Not minor!! Way to go!! Changing habits is no joke… every victory is worth celebrating!!!

(Mike Glasbrener) #3

Thanks. :grinning: I was surprised it was so hard to get a decent beverage. I feel bad for anyone else going there because it is so hard, especially w/o knowledge. The cashier looked at me like I had three heads when I was trying to be certain their “unsweetened” tea didn’t have any artificial sweeteners in it prior to finding out the machine “in the back” was broken. Thus bottled water was my best option.

I totally feel the same at the movies! Does anyone bring cooked bacon in a bag or have some other great safe snack to sneak in?
Like you, I usually eat before going to the theatre.
Any ideas?

(betsy.rome) #5

I always bring in some nuts, sometimes a keto chocolate. I’d be happy to buy it if they carried it but feel justified in bringing what is medically ok for me to eat. Can’t stand diet soda anymore, would rather drink water.

Some movie theater discussion here: Movie theater snacks

(Fran) #7

I’m going to start bringing pork rinds and sour cream to the movies.