Month 2 stall

So depressing! Started keto nov and would sometimes go over macros (mostly fat and protein) but weighed myself 1st dec and had lost 9lbs! Sneakily weighed myself today and ive gone up a 1lb! Ive been stricter with protein and fat macros so what the hell?! To be fair im hungrier a lot now so wondering if im doing something wrong. CarbManager app helps me track but wonder if the macros are wrong. That tells me 20g carbs, 75g protein and 93g fat. However macro calculator on perfectketo.com tells me 20g carbs, 96g protein, 83g fat and www.ruled.me tells me 20g carbs, 96g protein, 87g fat.
Am i not eating enough of the right macro or eating too much? In last 2/3 weeks of trying to hit macros im hungry…more than i was starting out where i ate a bit more protein n fat?
Help!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

We need more information
How tall are you, what do you currently weigh?

You’re in the PISS (Post Induction Stall Syndrome) period, you will not lose actual fat until you are fat adapted. This is normal.

(Kristen Ann) #3

Hi Rupi, I started in October and am just now seeing weight loss. Everyone on here suggested to just be patient and they were right. :slight_smile:

Im 5 foot 4 and started at 175lbs.
Im reading more and more this is normal so will keep calm and keto on. Its hard to convince your mind though!!

KCKOr

My weight can swing by 4lb in one day. It’s just water weight. Your weight WILL vary on a daily basis while following this WOE.

Keep going, and don’t pay too much attention to the daily weights.

(Megan Johnson) #6

You may not want to get over stressed by the gain. It could be a fuller stomach than normal, it could be water weight, or muscle gains.

You may want to focus on how you feel, or even on how your clothes fit instead of the scale. Myself and a lot of my clients have noticed that after the initial adaptation there may be a slowing of stalling out before losing again.

You got this, don’t let your mind get the best of you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

As everyone is telling you, weight loss is never linear. Lots of ups and downs. Don’t even give a one-pound variation any thought; a pound either way is well within the limit of accuracy of most consumer-market scales.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #8

Immma gonna be that person…

Stressing out over not losing weight spikes stress hormones… which… impede losting weight :wink:

Hang in there - the body heals then sheds weight. You’ll get there!