Metabolic deficit tipping point- interesting!

(Deb) #1

I was feeling geeky and made a chart showing progress, not only in body weight but using the metabolic deficit calculations. Interesting that when I passed 150 lbs, my deficit increaded back the other way! My “tipping point”, where now, having more LBM, I can eat more to make up the deficit, without gaining! I imagine this continues as fat stores go and LBM increases (more efficient).

Very motivating!METDEFCHART-22.pdf (45.4 KB)

(Gigi) #2

I’d like to do something like this! How do you calculate the met def kcals column? Are your BMR, LBM, and BF measurements estimated or actual?

(Deb) #3

Hi! They are estimates. It would be nice to have exact numbers but I think the point is clear that if you eat more than your deficit, you either won’t lose, or won’t lose as much as you could, and also how, as you (or I) near that 150 lb mark, it got REALLY tough (and it did! And now I know why! I went up and down above 153 for 2 YEARS, even LCHF!) Now that I am below that, and know how it REALLY works, I can eat more. So there IS light at the end of the tunnel!

(Deb) #4

And it’s my strong belief that, armed with this information, ANYONE , no matter who , no matter how screwed up they think their metabolism is, can lose fat. Every day. Every week. Eating the correct metabolic deficit with the right macro content. Period.