Meaty May

(bulkbiker) #1

Hi All
Anyone following Meaty May?
I’m cutting out all the little extras that have been creeping back in to my food (I see you 85% chocolate) and going full on meat one meal a day for May to see the effect.
Anyone else?

(Chris) #2

How about Meaty Millenium?

LOL I kid. Good for you, I’ll wager you’ll notice your feelings of wellbeing increase.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #3

I’ve noticed my meat to other food ratio is increasing. But I’m not going carnivore just yet.

I think I’ve been 85% Carnivore (Meats) myself since the beginning. Never was big on sides, though I have been eating more Salads since switching over, mainly to just throw in something different. (3 to 4 times a week) But most days I simply just want the meats. :slight_smile: So glad it works well with Keto.

('Jackie P') #5

Hi Mark!
You live in Worthing I believe. Can you recommend a good butcher?
I tend to use Waitrose and Newsons. Im particularly interested in grass fed and finished.
:blush:

(hottie turned hag) #6

I eat only meat, eggs, butter and once/24h so I’m with you.
Dropped cheese and veg around six weeks ago and went from 122lb to 116lb as of yesterday. Sleeping even better than I was on “regular” keto, and a few other unlooked for benefits (no more dry lips -weird-, perfect BMs, super smooth mood).

#meathead

(bulkbiker) #7

We use SK Hutchings in Partridge Green. Its a bit of a drive out but they have good meat and great prices.

('Jackie P') #8

Cor thank you for that! I go to The Green Man every now and then so I know exactly where you mean!:blush:

(bulkbiker) #9

Have driven past it but never been in… will have to give it a go… !
Hutchings is more in the village centre opposite the Co-op. They sometimes have some more “unusual” stuff like venison and goat so its always worth asking if you fancy something other than the regular and Shaun (the boss) will usually get you stuff in if you want it and he can source it. Most of the meat comes from their farm.

('Jackie P') #10

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

(traci simpson) #11

I love side dishes~!!!

(bulkbiker) #12

Isn’t that what bacon is for?

(traci simpson) #13

lololololol

Haha… Well, as Mark says, more meat as the sides works best for me as well. :smile: And it’s hard to beat Bacon as a side! … But I do think the occasional side does add some variety and even flavor, but I’ve always preferred to double up on the meat and simply skip the veggies and stuff anyway. And this was way before switching over to this WOE, so carnivore does probably fit me much better overall. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #15

I just love veggies in general. I’m growing a bunch in the back yard and can’t wait to just walk outside and pick them.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #16

I’ll be eating dinner out this weekend in Cleveland. Thursday night is planned for a naked burger with :bacon: on it and two sides of… :bacon::bacon:

Yeah, I’m tilling the garden today, finally. I do like Zucchini and Squash, etc. but it’s definitely not a necessity. But I do love stuffing them with Meats and Cheeses and making boats out of them! :smile:

I’ve always heard 'But you have to eat some sides!" … Um, no, I don’t. :smile: But I actually don’t hear that too much anymore, once V actually started looking at some of her plates. :wink: … She actually just told me not long ago, she actually owed me an apology, after realizing she’s mostly carnivore too. :smile:

I haven’t found anything Bacon doesn’t go with myself. :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #18

I’m in for meaty May! I need to cut down to the basics! Making 3lbs of bacon!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #19

We cook up 6 lbs of ground beef at a time as well.

(Khara) #20

Oooh. Zucchini boats. :+1: Zucchini, homemade tomato and heavy on the meat sauce, topped with mozzarella, baked. :yum: