1/2 large sweet onion, diced
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp mustard
1/4 cup No sugar added ketchup
I egg
SECRET KETOFYING INGREDIENT:
I cup crushed pork rinds

Method:
Wash hands well. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and form a oblong loaf with hands. Bake in a preheated 350* oven for one hour.

Nosh.

(Candy Lind) #2

That reminds me, I have some meat loaf in the freezer! Maybe I’ll get that out this week.

(Georg Link (he/him)) #3

@Brenda: thanks for the recipe! It tasted wonderful. I recommend this recipes. Easy to make.

I served it with riced cauliflower.

/cc @Gumby :wink:

(Brian) #4

When I was younger and stupider, I used to think meatloaf was what got made when people couldn’t think of anything better and it would “just have to do”. Oh, how wrong I was!

Meatloaf is good eats! :slight_smile:

FWIW, I usually can’t help myself and put in a good drizzle of liquid smoke when I’m putting stuff together. Oh, and for the onion part of it, I kinda like to caramelize them a bit before putting them into the mix just because I like 'em that way. I like a bit of garlic in the pan with the onions with a bit of oil towards the end just to get some more flavors going in there. A good healthy sprinkle of Italian seasonings tastes good to me, too. Lots of optional stuff, and usually just what I happen to feel like when I’m making one. Plain or fancy, either way, meatloaf is good eats.

(Georg Link (he/him)) #5

Thanks @Bellyman for these great suggestions. I will try some of them next time, especially the caramelized onions. :yum: