Meat Noodles - A New Holy Grail?!

(Sophie) #1

It’s all because of Rocco Dispirito, that hunk of Italian hotness, but I digress!

Apparently he did a blurb on Rachael Ray with a recipe for noodles made from chicken and egg white powder + seasonings…That’s All!

I found 2 Youtube videos, one of which is mine and your favorite Headbanger! both vids have subbed the egg white powder for just the whites or whole eggs. I don’t think it’s a big difference. I am definitely going to test this with beef and some Rao’s sauce!

(Lauren) #2

I mentioned this just now to my husband. My 9yr old overheard and was like, “meat noodles?? Isn’t that what we call bacon?”

(Stephanie ) #3

Definatly let me know how they turn out. I’m excited :smiley:

(Renee Slaughter) #4

I’m so trying this its in my play list.

(Sophie) #5

Sure! It’s going on my Short List for sure! :smile:

(Doug) #6

M̐̈e̐̈a̐̈t̐̈ ̐̈N̐̈o̐̈o̐̈d̐̈l̐̈e̐̈s̐̈

:smile::sunglasses: What will they think of next?

It’s a new world.

(Ken) #7

I bet they’d be great with some Carbonara sauce.

I having flashbacks to the time @richard told us how to make shrimp noodles haha

http://blog.2keto.com/recipe/shrimp-noodles/

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #9

Why doesn’t anyone extrude them in something closer to a spaghetti, instead of these fat noodles that look like spaghetti on high carb high fat.

(Genevieve Biggs) #10

Too much work for me. :laughing:

(Jay AM) #11

I’m oddly creeped out by meat noodles. Even the words together…I’m getting horror show images. I’ll just top some chicken with an egg and sauce. Or shredded chicken mm

(Rob) #12

There’s already these commercial noodles that are very close to pasta in texture, made of fish protein. Not sure what alchemy is used to make them but my mum thinks they are great and way better than konjac/shirataki

Weirdly, only available in the UK at the moment.

(CJ Young) #13

Ehhh, I dunno. I mean, I will probably try this but I’m going to set aside a day soon and just make like 20 different noodle recipes to find the ultimate keto noodles. I process and can my own tomato sauce and I still have 20 jars from last summer. So help me I will eat it with noodles of some kind.

(Ken) #14

I’m actually sorry I ditched my pasta machine over a decade ago. I bet it would work to make these. I guess I’ll have to keep a look out for another one now.

For some reason, the idea of these turns my stomach. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:I’ll stick to Sea Tangle Kelp noodles if I feel a noodle urge.

(Katie) #16

Sounds like a fun project. And something you could experiment with to find what you like best.

(Diane) #17

That would be a great experiment. If you do this, please report back!

(Cynthia) #18

I still have mine somewhere in a dark corner of my kitchen. I have been debating trying Fathead Dough with it. Sounds like a good project for a rainy weekend!

(Kenneth Coleman) #19

Maybe gross under red sauce, but how about in soup? You could have chicken noodle chicken soup… Or chicken, chicken noodle soup, or … Wait for it… Egg and chicken drop soup or super pho’! Oh the possibilities!

Absolutely! I’m a texture person and meat noodles are freaking me the eff out! Maybe brown them really well??? I dunno…:grimacing: