Meat MAYham

(Karen) #404

Awake very early this morning nung so just got up and did the stair runs before a bit of a wait for CrossFit class. Didn’t get paired up for the hero wod and maybe that was for the best as I probably would have ended up being late getting back home to get ready for my late shift at work. So I did it all 1 mile run 100 pull ups (done as jumping pull ups, i might be good but I’m not that good lol) 200 push ups 300 air squats and finished with another mile run a fraction over 40 minutes so was really pleased with that achievement.

Got home in enough time for a bath and fuel in the form of a cheese omelette with bacon then off to work.
Dinner was 5 chicken thighs and a couple of thin slices of cheese .

Just having a think on what I fancy now!!??

See you in June lol :wink:

I ate some more eggs, more soup and a bit cream but this was the majority of my OMAD dinner at 6:30pm:

Duck/turkey soup with poached eggs, scrambled eggs with pork belly skin, egg stew (not carnivore as it’s stew and what’s worse, egg stew, made by Alvaro… but it’s low enough carbs for me), tiny leftover pork shoulders with sausage and eggs merely to make it better, not like it’s bad, per se but a bit plain as it’s the inside of the roast without any visible fat. But it’s still fatty and it makes it okay.
And now I run out of it.

I ate significantly but not very very much below my energy need as far as I can tell (I don’t remember the weight of the skin and no idea how much of it was fat tissue… I have a day when I have little meat so its fat content can’t interfere much and now I do this… but it’s not so important). As it happened before, waiting until dinner made my meal less joyful, it was more like just getting the nutrients I need. Even though I only got hungry at the right time. Oh well, it was still a nice enough meal and I am very content now, after midnight. I ate a tiny bresaola at night, it felt right :slight_smile: So I am almost at 100g meat for today (0,21 pounds)… But how could I eat enough eggs if I ate much fatty meat (like, a pound) every day? It’s still very low even from me but it happens here and there.

And the month is passed and my fruits are nowhere in sight (and they will be very little this year. it seems the case in other gardens too, what is with this year?), I don’t actually need or desire them anyway so I totally continue carnivore(-ish) for the foreseeable future. It’s way too easy and natural to me at this point. What else would I eat, seriously? My old keto food can’t hold my interest anymore. Nuts became some abstract concept.
It went way too easily… Yeah, I had very off days but still. I expected more hardships.
In November (okay, I started with a week without any fresh meat, I think… if liver doesn’t count) it was easy for 2 weeks but I still felt I am determined and keep myself on track, no matter how easy it was. I often thought “if I wasn’t in my true carnivore weeks, I would eat a little from it, mmm”, I wasn’t truly tempted so I could resist but I knew I would gladly eat the stuff in other times. Now I feel I am totally free but what else would I eat, carbs? (This is NO challenge to my inner rebel. But it’s very well-behaved lately. I wonder how long it will last this time. And yes, I only do carnivore-ish now so I have a tiny wriggle room but I feel the need for it is less than before. And I use it mostly when I have little meat so it’s harder to be pure. Or when we have a not exactly carnivore meat or egg dish, I don’t want to give it up but I don’t exactly need it, I would be fine with something carnivore instead. But I still don’t have enough meat in my freezer all the time and why to cook when Alvaro already made an almost perfectly fine dish? And I don’t want a badge. I am fine not being 100%. And I need to experiment anyway.)

(Vic) #406

Dryed/cured Ham (pork)

The fatty end that is normally trown away by the butcher.

I get it for free :yum:

Over to Full Blune Carnivore June

and we can thank FrankoBear for that weirdo name HAHA
see ya’ll on the new thread :slight_smile: