Meat Chew'n June! - ZC Carnivore 30-day Challenge - 2023

You’re doing great. Thanks for sharing the energy.

It happens when low carb mixes with ketogenisis. Especially the brain fuel part. It’s great for creativity when it’s harnessed.

This reminds me of a chat I had with @Fangs a few years ago about ketogenic diets and physical activity. The ketones are naturally anti inflammatory which is a good start. Whereas glucose fuels oxidation and can be inflammatory. Then, psychologically, when the body is fuelled and fed properly a drive develops to get up and move around, to be physically active. Ride that wave when you are on it. Whereas we can, many of us, distantly remember the blood glucose crash and post feast comas we used to laugh at (but it actually wasn’t funny).

Oh, and that led into discussions about zero carb carnivore not necessarily being a ketogenic diet.

But I reckon, if we get it one way right, where we have low carb high nutrition (LCHN), and ketogenisis, that is a good place to be.

(Karen) #22

Yesterday… got up did a few more stair runs than the previous day and shoulders work. Was still getting cold sweats but got further before they kicked in. I ate a bit more than usual… i think … sometimes i feel i have eaten more but that may be because i am perhaps feeling fuller and so start thinking i am eating more. Breakfast pok patties and eggs started the day folowed by some cooked chicken slices heated in butter with mild grated cheddar. Then later ate the last 2 pork patties that were in fridge and required eating. Interspersed with mature cheddar that isn’t all that! Also had a bit of mayo. Think the sausages were the previous day and the lamb ribs.20230601_170339 20230602_154814 20230602_183805 20230603_115029 i can get confused… one day moves into another!
Went to see Raymond and had a cuppa in his porch with the warm sun on my back. Only stopped about half n hour and returned home as i didn’t want o hang around too long not knowing whether i was truly contagious free.

Today i have done 70 stair runs … intend to do full 100 tomorrow and then start getting back to CrossFit. The vold sweats are definitely easing off and i am sure i could have done the full 100 this morning but for the fact that i am being kind to myself and had planned the 70 for this morning. I am pleased that i completed what i had planned to do.

Plenty stuff in the freezer to choose from today … i have a steak in there plus some chick wings bacon and eggs. May have the wings first for brunch at midday and follow that later with the steak, some bacon and eggs … sounds like a plan.

Still sunny and warm here so may do a bit of weeding pots later.

@JulesyMcJulesface: Good luck! Being here defininitely helps me not to stray too often and too much :wink: Anyway, there are great folks here.

Cloudy, rainy day. We cooked some food outside (vegs and vegs so Alvaro has 2 veggie dishes and a big bunch of boiled potatoes now - and he needs protein for all of them, no wonder), I fried the leftover pork (1200g seemed much after the tiny 850g slab but if we both eat it, it can’t last long… shopping is needed again)… We had lots of freshly made food at 10:30am… It’s sooo good my small but super satiating meaty OMAD meal still keeps me very, very full so no way I can eat yet.
I drink a lot though but I always do that. My drink options diminished. I just stopped drinking coffee, egg milk is out as I spare the eggs like crazy (26 for 4 days, it’s barely anything considering Alvaro will need a lot for his potatoes so we both keep it at zero for now. I have my sponge cakes from yesterday so that helps. And he is very willing to eat pork, pork and pork sausages for the 3 veggie things he has today) and I almost completely run out of tea. So I mostly drink water and it’s quite fine. I wanted to get rid of my big need to drink something not water, it’s annoying and not convenient.

Alvaro talked with the most informed and sociable neighbour and he said that the kittens all have their owners now :slight_smile: So they will be fine and won’t try to attach to us but maybe they will come to visit!

@FrankoBear: I don’t know why I don’t have this difference between high-carb and keto/carnivore… I didn’t have any noticeable food coma except of course my energy drops after a big meal but I have that on carnivore too. I do feel different on carbs but it’s a subtle thing and it depends on many things.
My brain is the same everywhere. My health seem the same. Keto and higher-carb was almost or truly the same in everything (higher-carb so low-carb. high-carb is worse than low-carb but I felt quite fine on high-carb too until I went low-carb and my body decided it refuses to go back, not like I ever wanted to), I am unable to tell if I am in ketosis as it feels just like not being in ketosis. Carnivore made a big difference again, comparable to the big HC->LC change. But the most noticeable part of it is mental, my attitude towards food (oh I still LOVE it and spend too much time thinking about food but I eat in a more sane way). I needed that.

I STILL can’t wrap my head around it but I don’t care much, I want to feel good and never cared about ketosis, just health and well-being! And I would like more energy one day. I never give up, maybe it will happen!

I am the worst when it comes to guessing my food intake. I can’t. Sometimes it truly seems more than it is… Sometimes I think oh, I ate modestly and I ate at a surplus… And I have read so many times that one is tracking for some time and guessing will be easy :smiley: Nope, I have been tracking since 12+ years (not all the time but usually) and still am clueless… Now that I eat somewhat simpler, I try to stick to my pound of meat and little else first (it’s best for me anyway) and that gives me a decent base…

In the past my satiation level helped a bit (not if I ate much not satiating items) to figure out how much I ate, it still does but to a very little extent. Yesterday I had some perfect, very thorough satiation from my <1300 kcal meal while other times I eat more and still am hungry.
But if I use my pound of leanish pork, I can expect the former.
WHY I didn’t do that earlier? I even know it works for my satiation since some time… Maybe it wasn’t so tempting, being lean but I can help that if I pair it up with something very fatty… It’s so crazy, sometimes things are clear and I can’t manage to do it right. But I really could get bored of meat easier before. It is better since some (several?) months but still wasn’t good enough. Oh and eggs. I kept eating my many eggs a day, they probably interfered to some extent.
So I am very pleased with my low-egg style. I love eggs and will eat much in the future but it’s very, very good if it’s not a real need to keep it high ALL THE TIME. When I had an egg aversion in the beginning, I still ate 6 eggs a day as I simply had no other options, I couldn’t eat much meat. But now I feel more free. Except from meat, I can’t do low-meat easily anymore… But meat works best so no problem. It’s normal to have dependencies, tyhere is water to begin with… I just don’t want what Alvaro has that there are quite many items we must keep at home all the time or else things get super uncomfortable and panicky. I like to be flexible or at least simple. And I like to get rid of the dependency of items not ideal for me. Eggs are great but I tend to eat too much for my current goals if I use too many. Desserts aren’t strictly needed so I hope I can get rid of the habit of eating them. If I fancy some here and there? Great. But not being able to have a proper big meal without some ever… I feel a bit like a slave and it’s not convenient anyway.
But to get what I have now, I had to change a lot. This current style is mostly eating meat and I only could do it very recently. Before I often got more protein and fat from eggs and dairy than from meat.

I have little strength now or maybe it’s my back pain but I couldn’t do my workout since days. Sigh.
At least I had a proper walk yesterday. Not today due to the rain but maybe later!, it’s so early yet.

(Mike W.) #24

Your chop looks just like my home state of Michigan!

(Karen) #25

Well you got me there as i haven’t had a chop :rofl: so i suppose michigan may look like lamb ribs, chicken n cheese, pork patties, fried eggs or sausages? :joy::joy:

(Karen) #26

Todays food … buffalo wings, rump steak n bacon, chicken n bacon and a slice of cheese and mayo.

Spent a time weeding the pots and have just watered them. Spent some time sitting doing codewords but it got a bit warm so i came indoors a while.

It is hot and hazy here today. Spent about an hour tracking a turkey hen, and then working in the garden. Worked up a phenomenal sweat, which was a good thing. But, it was nothing the like the sweat from last night’s sauna… Holy Mukkitta! …Hubby got it over 200F !!! As soon as I walked into the dressing area, I knew it was gonna be a hot one. Could hardly breathe once in the actual sauna room. The water was actually boiling in the water tank. EEEKS! Surprised there was any sweat left for today! LOL! Anyways…good to get the toxins out of the body. Its the poor man’s pharmacy.

Eats today black coffee, 2 scrambled eggs w butter, 2 slices bacon. That’s it so far.

Gotta run off to a B day party for our oldest granddaughter. So toodles for now!

(JJ) #28

2nd day ZC for me. Yesterday was essentially a coffee and just some chicken wings x 2 meals as I only committed the night before so hadn’t been shopping.

It is lunchtime here, so had a coffee early this morning and just now cooked 2x beef porterhouse steaks. Was going to eat one for lunch now, one for dinner. I ate both :smirk: . Total was 430g (close to a pound) of MEAT, with a bit of butter salt and pan juices on top. Feeling very full now. Not sure if I should have stopped at just the one, but once I had a piece of the second one, I was all in.

So hot!!! I have recently been staying in/working in a regional town here in Australia that has Artesian Thermal Pools, I find that a warm experience at 40c (104F) so can’t imagine being in a sauna at double that, think I melted just reading it.

Welcome Jules

@Fangs is going to love this Jules.

Are you up north? It’s raining and cold fronts down here on the south west coast.

Just gonna keep writing now I’ve started.

Last night I had two lamb chops. The ‘target chops’ from the front leg. I’ve been eating them regularly for months. Expert at systematically working around the various bones. I love :heart: meat with bones in it.

The chicken soup was nice the other night and chicken thighs with bones in and skin on is $4/kg today at the butcher. I didn’t eat much poultry over summer. But winter soup time calls for a bird in the pot.

3 eggs and 3 rashers of middle bacon for NoFun breakfast. Still drinking coffee.

Was listening to a podcast where a ketoXsleep practitioner felt so energised on keto that they had given up on coffee. They had cleaned up their sleep so much that they didn’t ‘need’ coffee. The interviewer and interviewee were both keto-entrepreneurs, so I can’t hand over much trust to them. Usually I seek out podcasts with altruistic health practitioners.

(JJ) #30

I am in the Hunter Valley, NSW. I work all over the place though and will be ‘Wintering’ in Tasmania- brrrr. I will need a bird in the pot as you say then to keep me fed and warm.

Target chops. Interesting. I just roasted a lamb leg for unknown reasons as I am definitely not hungry, just seemed a rainy day thing to do seeing as I ate all the beef. The diagram on my Woollies pack showed it was the hind leg, never thought about what happened to the front legs!

If I manage not to eat more, I had almost OMAD again. I had a few bites before and even after but almost all my food was eaten in an hour.
A bit less than a pound of meat, I just didn’t want the overly fatty pork chuck piece I had left or more processed meat. Tomorrow I go to get more lean pork (works soooo well for me now!) and fry chicken liver (more space in the freezer, yay! by the way, I have found smoked pork hock, THREE chicken thighs - only knew about 2 - and pork shoulder with skin there, surprise. nevermind I have a list on my fridge about the content of the freezer).

Satiation came way too early so I took a tiny break and resumed eating… And then I couldn’t get proper satiation but I suppose it will happen in 1-2 hours as usual. I definitely can’t imagine eating something else, I am just not fully satiated yet.

About 120g protein and 90g fat, low-cal but maybe I can pull it off again, it’s only a 2nd day and it’s OMAD… I think I can go a bit lower on it without problems as I had such experiences but as I very rarely do OMAD, I am not fully sure.
And I am super curious a few things since some time but NOW I can test them!!! No plenty of eggs and dairy to mess with my fat/protein ratio, it’s low :smiley: Maybe not for long but I am trying!!!

1. Is my minimal protein lower than 130g on OMAD when I eat very properly? (Maybe a tad.)
  2. Do I need so much fat for full day satiation or I only need the protein with as little fat as I comfortably can eat (80-100g, surely not less, that clearly wouldn’t work but impossible to do for me as well)?
  3. How often can I do such great days (or maybe with a tad more fat :wink: ) that I have now…?

I am exticed to find out the answers!

Not my whole meal but the vast majority of it (I didn’t eat the bigger pork chuck piece):

[…]
Well I got uncomfortably unsatiated in the evening, no wonder… I tried to eat only some bites and waiting for 2 more hours but nope :slight_smile: Okay, cheese might not be the best but I thought maybe I just need my protein to reach the usual 130… Oh well, I had meat too (pork chuck and even fried liver at 11pm, why not, it’s quick. chicken liver is a good food in my Gremlin times as I don’t like that so much but it was quite awesome, good that I had already over my minimum protein and I have some tiny inherent elf-control or what in me).
About 1.25 pounds of meat, 174g protein, 130g fat. Not so bad but I dislike eating twice in the evening when one would be too many. Oh well, I will figure it out - and I should keep some leaner meat in my fridge as overly fatty and somewhat expensive pork chuck just can’t cut it every time, apparently. This week I preferred my leaner pork (as long as it wasn’t super lean).

But I handle my very low egg times very good, I don’t miss eggs at all. (I still plan a tiny scrambled eggs, just to use up my pork jowl and maybe to avoid some sudden egg craze in my Gremlin times… did that before, wanting and therefore eating eggs at midnight (and I ate more eggs then, just not nearly as many I was used to). But it’s better now.

Today I will eat the rest of my 500g chicken liver, that will be my main meat but of course I need more and that should be fattier. I have pork chuck and sausages.

I had leftover coffee (I put too much cream into it, 24ml for a small glass!!! I can handle very creamy coffees, they are quite nice, after all but it was still over the top… so I had to add much more coffee) so today is doomed regarding that. It’s fine, I will quit it tomorrow, I hope. I am merely stubborn and know I must do it but it’s not like I consider coffee harmful physically or very harmful otherwise so my motivation is tiny… But it means my fail doesn’t bother me so much either. I need some personality change to win this way… But I planned that anyway. Okay, not personality, per se but some huge mental changes are very much needed. My personality tends to be too stubborn not to stick with me for good, only small changes are possible I suppose. But I just write without much thinking now (I am still in my morning zombie phase, it’s good I don’t need to talk in Hungarian, that’s difficult even later… I know the words in English but I need to search for some in Hungarian - of course there are exceptions. And Hungarian is the language I have read zillion books in my childhood and used it almost exclusively for decades… I am still good at it if I have time, I can write on it and my Grammar is unusually good, one doesn’t lose those easily but talking requires speed. and it’s sad as my English isn’t so good either. I want very good writer level, it seems I still didn’t lose all my perfectionism :smiley: I read a lot and it helped with Hungarian but forming wonderful sentences on the fly, that is probably not for my chaotic mind).

Have a nice day, everyone! I go to shopping now! Alvaro wants to fit into our income this month but I need my lean pork and we run out of sour cream and it’s on a great sale. He said it’s fine, not like I would accept any other answer. They are needed and it’s not like we don’t have a lot of money, okay that that’s sparing and we shouldn’t live on it but I. Need. Meat. Now. He shouldn’t ever try to stand between me and my food. But he is a cinnamon roll and would never do that.
He does it with money now and I does it with eggs, it’s a challenge :smiley: But the egg challenge has a very very nice side effect of me having better macros and simpler meals :slight_smile: And a bigger freedom as I apparently don’t need 7 eggs a day, no matter what, anymore.

I think it’s fine, meat usually triggers a stop sign if you ate enough… :slight_smile: And 430g meat isn’t much at all. If your body needs it. It’s very individual, obviously. I need bigger meals and 450-600g meat is perfect for me. Maybe not without any breaks but it seems I have in a higher meat phase right now.
I don’t know about you but eating my meat at once works way better than doing it twice (only if I desire it, of course). A bigger meal gives me better, longer satiation and that’s good as long as I still get my nutrients (I mostly think about energy here as meat is good, nutritious food but can be too lean for our needs). If one gets satiated with a too small meal for very long, that’s not good.

Saunas are different. Of course we couldn’t handle very warm water or even hot air for long but a sauna is special… I only was in a sauna a few times in my life and yep, it’s intense but still nice :smiley: Not enough for me to want it regularly but not bad at all and I am dying over 25C in summer. But sauna is for a short time and it has interesting effects on our body, possibly not just on our body…

Unfair! I have lowish energy on keto and coffee doesn’t do a thing…
I haven’t given up all hope yet though :slight_smile: I do feel some tiiiny positive changes near or on carnivore…

By the way, people, I remember my dreams now, even multiple ones per night, without the requirement of waking up and going back to sleep!!! And I have dreamed with a ribeye, someone else ate it and I tasted it, the color was off and I don’t remember any taste or impact but it’s a small miracle for me to dream with food even though I am obsessed with it in real life…
Maybe lucid dreams will happen eventually but it’s quite exciting just to remember my dreams! Stupid little nothings most of them may be. Alvaro dreamed up a complete distopian novel once…
At least I rarely have nightmares and they are super soft. I just didn’t have much trauma in my life, maybe that’s why. Or my brain isn’t a jerk. It’s not a nice one either, why I can’t dream about flying, wonderful colorful pictures or other enjoyable things? Driving cars (I can’t do that even in my dreams but still manage without harm. the streets are blessedly empty when I am driving and I show some basic talents not to get into an accident. I am good at getting into an accident all alone, I did it with my motorbike irl) and running super fast on my hands is fun but I want more!

I just came from the poop thread. 7oz tenderloin called HUGE… What.

I want a 40oz piece of fresh ham (not for eating at once, just to have it in my fridge) and I can’t have it :sob:
We forgot that Tuesday is the pork day. We always went shopping between Tuesday and Friday and there was pork available. But the meat fridge is empty on Monday. Sigh.

It’s a bit too much challenge for me now. But I will manage.
I do have meat galore, just… Not lean. And I am really into lean right now and even my current pork chuck is unusually fatty so it would be nice to pair it up with something lean.

I have liver for now, I can “sacrifice” some eggs too, making another batch of sponge cakes with extra whites… It will be fine.

I don’t even have fish now! Just tinned mackerel but that is just as fatty as all my chicken. But I don’t want chicken. I know what I want and that’s leanish pork.

Oh well :slight_smile: One shouldn’t be so dependent on things. (But I still will make sure to have lean pork in my freezer from now on.)

Weather is hot to me as I am not used to it yet, my 2 hour walk wasn’t so pleasant, too humid air too as we got a tiny rain today… We saw 2 beautiful snakes though! One was pretty big! It’s exciting in a purely good and safe way in Hungary where it’s nearly impossible to find a harmful one (and those wouldn’t hurt us unless we bother them anyway).
And the forest had a lot of pretty bellflowers, their season has started!

The badgers behave now so Alvaro had his fruit. (And he still had a little lean pork but he could spare a tiny bite for me… I am fine but I expected some super simple, chill days with a pound of lean pork a day… But those times will come.)

Well, feeling pretty victorious over the eats last evening. Went to a bday party. Had two burgers w/ cheese, and a bit of lettuce (garnish). Drank water and black coffee, then had a coffee w just a bit of HWC. No cake, no cookies, no ice cream. Drove 3 hours back home, and gnawed the skin off a chicken thigh (cooked, of course), and that was that.

Today, on 2 cups of black coffee I’ve swept and mopped the floors, fed and water the baby birdies, dragged food out of the cellar to freeze dry- and prepped it (machine is cooling now), done laundry, and cleaned the WHOLE kitchen- counters, cupbards, sink, dishes. Going to hang laundry outside as soon as the cycle finishes, then fix hubby some lunch, and go work in the garden, then cleanup and go to my evening job for 5-6 hours. Didn’t realize I was scheduled today. So, that was a bit disappointing, but, its only one day this week. YAY!

Weather isn’t quite so scorching hot today, so gardening should be lovely. Breaktime is up, so better get at it. Have a lovely day al! MWAH!

*The home chores don’t seem overly tough, and they aren’t really. But, our house has 2 full flights of stairs.There is a LOT of running back and forth with the baby birds, the freeze dryer, the cellar, etc. On these lovely imperfect feet of mine, the running up and down can be a little challenging- esp when they are aching.

It turned out we had only 24C today… I still am melting all day, the air must be quite humid… Going uphill wasn’t nice. A little garden work (some plants are crazy now. and there are the dead thujas… oh and my brave idea about grapes all over our terrace :smiley: I am working a bit on it every day now. the grapes love running everywhere at great speed and I need to cut out most of it. we just can’t get them off the roof and the trees and thuja tops as our ladder isn’t high enough. maybe we need an even taller one? it’s not easy with this slope-y property…) and I am exhausted.

I had 2 meals today, at 4pm and 6pm, it couldn’t be much. I will track multiple days.
In the end, I only had half of the liver with a little sour cream, some eggs (about 2 but there was 2 times more whites than yolks), a little pork chuck roast (oh it will be fine, not too fatty, after all. I still need something lean in my day but I have liver now), a piece of sausage (the 2.4 kg one will last for a very, very long time… it’s one sausage, bent a few times though :slight_smile: ), a cheese whisp (it got some sausage saft) and some creamy coffees. More cream than usual as I eat more when it’s whipped.
Whipped cream is awesome. It would be too good if I could get it without the UHT flavor. At least I can behave this way instead up inhaling the whole thing in little time. Or not the whole one, I came a long way but still too much. I need my protein too and it brings much fat already!
But one day I may have a lot of lean pork and a bowl of whipped cream… And this and that (like eggs, obviously).

(JJ) #35

Love this, made me chuckle while I am having my morning coffee. Hope you found some bargains at the shops. Look forward to seeing the photos of your meals.

Well, the “keto flu”, “oxalate dump” whatever you want to call it found me and has beaten me with a stick.
I am just starting to feel a little better now. I woke up two hours ago with a splitting headache, nausea, photophobia. Analgesia, electrolytes and now that I am feeling much better, coffee. Can look at my phone screen, so headache is conquered.

I read you should transition slowly to ZC, but honestly, I know well enough from the last 4ish years, I am an all or nothing person. I can’t be ‘mostly’ keto- I either am or I am not. So, I brought this crap storm on myself.

Oooooo. The oxalate dump. Moofasa! Sends shivers down me spine just thinking about it! LOL! I remember the first time that happened when I went carnivore. Thought I was dying. Apparently, as quite spectacular amount had built up over time, and getting rid of it felt like every joint and muscle in my body was beaten. 48 hours later, I felt better than I did as a teenager! Power through it, Jules. The silver lining is oh, so glorious!

(JJ) #37

Thank you, Second Breakfast. I currently feel like I am a bucket of prawn heads that have been left out in the summer sun all week. Very rough.

Can’t wait for that silver lining, could deal with feeling like a teenager again rather than a mid 40’s frump with inexplicable hideous physical symptoms- just as long as feeling like a teeanger is not the ‘teen pregnancy’ version I was back in the 90’s :crazy_face::laughing: Although now, much like that time in my life and the wonderful 26yo son I have to show for it, I am sure this oxalate dump will be worth it on the other side.

This (like so many things related to food) is individual.
I had to do things gradually. High-carb -> low-carb (easiest things ever! and I felt better despite I felt quite healthy on high-carb. I missed fat a bit but I could train myself into restricting it somewhat) -> keto (I missed my vegs but it was easy otherwise, after low-carb years. no benefits except fat adaptation but I still felt it’s the right direction) -> carnivore(-ish. I am bad with pure carni and don’t even feel the need. but I always go off despite my little extras, I am sure it’s not because of them. benefits again, yay). And now I just do it better and better. one day I will be able to do a whole pure carni month I suppose. Or very, very close to that (I can’t imagine an occasional 5g radish slice would be bad for me and Alvaro has these things around all the time. crunchy, juicy, lovely. unneeded but sometimes when my meat is fatty and rich, it feels right…).

I did try keto early and couldn’t do it. And carnivore is harder when one still has strong ties with carbs and plants. I only could try carnivore after I quite suddenly lost interest in my beloved vegs. And it wasn’t just taking away food groups as I got meat into my diet and that was nice. And unusual so had to get used to it in bigger amounts every day.

But I saw so, so many people doing a brave jump. People even do vegan->carni sometimes, it’s super extreme! (Especially if they ate much carbs.)
But when they don’t do my gradual things, they tend to have more problems. I had none. If things are hard, I just quit, I am that type. So carni was good to me from the beginning, I just couldn’t stick to it for long for various reasons. But when I do it, it’s always nice (except when I have too quick satiation - or negative appetite while feeling starved. or when I run out of meat or have too little variety. but they are rare and I make sure the latter things won’t happen. even now, I have meat! just not the kind I really want. still not too bad).

And I can’t not talk about me. So, we are different and should/are able to do things differently. I do my best and it’s still just on/off close-to-carnivore. But I don’t need some strict woe to feel okay, it matters a lot. As I say sometimes, I would do SACRIFICES if it was about my health or especially life. But if I can get away with eating whatever I fancy, I do that. I just train myself out of wanting the wrong items. The super wrong ones aren’t so dangerous as my health-consciousness keeps me from desiring them. But the mostly harmless but still potentially problematic (or just not carni) things, I have a harder time with them as I don’t feel the reward when not consuming them.
So our circumstances are all very different. And our self-control too, I had about none, maybe I have a tiny bit but I am not sure as it’s more like I don’t feel any desire towards the things I avoid. So it’s easy.

I hope you get better, @JulesyMcJulesface, I never had keto flu or oxalate dump symptoms (sometimes I wonder if the latter is due to me never liking green leaves. I did eat other oxalate rich items regularly but not in big quantities) but yours sound very bad. I do hate my bad headaches especially that pills stopped working well. But they are just normal headaches, the reasons for them are countless. It’s how my body tells me it has a problem, usually. Except wanting food, that has its very obvious other signs.

I don’t even remember how I felt as a teenager. Seems ages ago… I don’t think many things changed since then as far as my physical feelings go, though. I have less headache and more frequent (working on it…) but WAY less bad back ache though.

Next time I bring some proper, more concise comment. I am slowly swimming in my memories and thoughts right now (I tend to do it but it’s worse now), it’s a super rainy day… Doesn’t feel alive or awake.

I have a friend who says similar things often… I am sorry for you feeling like that but I can’t help to enjoy how you express yourself here…

That’s the spirit! It probably won’t last very long and you will be better for it…? I know little of oxalate dumping but that’s the gist I got from reading about multiple experiences…

So I got super busy with ‘crap in life’ and checked the thread and a whooping 27 posts to read thru :sunny: I think I caught up now HA

@FrankoBear, had laughing saying Fangs is gonna love that comment from Julesy that they went ‘all in’ with that second steak…oh yea baby! That is rocking zc alright!!

@Shinita, some nice pics on the board with your posts!

-------------HI ALL, ok caught up so gonna just chat up fast, still in busy zone right now.

Pork and beef. Done deal. Ate a few huge thick cut pork chops, omg so good and skinny cut pork chops, wow, just fab along with NY Strip steaks and sirloin steaks. Throw in some salami slices and some hard aged sharp white cheddar hunks and we call it a zc day :sunny:, just days of repeat eating the above.

------Yes we have to remember that zc is a ketogenic menu. But we are not always in ‘optimal active ketosis’ range numbers as our ketones will definitely change and be dumped and used differently in the body as we continue our time on this lifestyle.

----so for me I am fighting my pool issues…bleck. Cover got torn to shreds in high winds so I had to remove early and now I am fighting tooth and nail to clear the alage etc. Today is D-day. I assume I under guessed on chems to get balanced cause my near pool place to test water etc has closed, tragedy for all us pool owners in my remote area, so I am just gonna go super duper insanity on the treatment…12 gallons bleach, 6 all in one bags of shock, 1/2 bottle of Algecide and 1/2 bottle Clarifier and see what goes down. Haven’t had to fight the pool in a few good years now so this trying to get a handle on it now is annoying as hell…believe me, SO over the work required some days on my pool but darn I love the thing :slight_smile: ok, enough of that frustrating topic for me. All I got to do is battle it and fingers crossed.

Got 3 day trip booked for June 14-17 in the mountains near kid’s college. 2 day orientation on campus. See how that goes :slight_smile: this ol’ broad can’t remember squat about college and all any more. Hope all goes well.

Defrosted big roaster chicken for tomorrow. Today, hmm, steak and pork. OK!! Got no desire for anything else really. ZC cruising and feeling very well on just simple clean eats.

(Karen) #40

Yesterdays food … ate a bacon n cheese omelette at the cafe, wasn’t grest, i felt a bit full, and at home 400g of beef meatballs … wasn’t very tasty tbh

they were a bit salty. The omelette is todays food so far, my brunch.
Yesterday i did 100 stair runs… yessss! Back on form… and did a lot of walking … went up the big hill to the tram and went into Nottingham to sort out a bus pass application… yep this is the month i officially become an OAP :rofl: just have to wait for it to arrive through the post now.

This morning i started with 100 stair runs and then went to CrossFit, first day back after Covid. I was pleased with what i achieved this morning.