Meat Chew'n June! - ZC Carnivore 30-day Challenge - 2023

That’s a long shift for anyone!

(Karen) #252

@Shinita you are welcome sweetpea and i will keep you in my daily prayers until i see your posts take on a more positive upbeat note :kissing_heart: i know you are going to be fine xx

(Karen) #253

Great foody pics again…that reminds me :thinking: gotta get somthing to eat :grinning:

(Karen) #255

Food yesterday …

Shoulder of Mutton
Plus i had some mild cheddar and a hard boiled egg

I ate a bit too much mint sauce with the mutton and ended uo this morning bloated and belching and not feel too great. Only managed to run up 25 flights of stairs, was feeling a bit yuk, so stopped them and had my coffee in the garden with my reading material. Ran to CrossFit and just managed the wod inwhich the burpee box jump overs and the ergs (bike to start, rower to finish) felt hard then after a chat with some peeps ran home again.

Will gnaw on the mutton blade w/o mint sauce and i have salmon for dinner piccies to follow.

Maybe try combining the mutton with some good fat, gently heat to get a semblance of a sauce with the meat?

(Geezy) #257

Yesterday for me was scrambled eggs with some of my pate mixed in.
And then a nice T-bone seared over a mesquite fire.

Carnivore Chewy July - 31-day Challenge - 2023
(Karen) #258

To late I have devoured it, without the condiment but it has left me with a an unsettled tum again so perhaps it was the meat or way i had cooked it rather than the condiment ! I will get over it, i have a pretty strong stomach and will look forward to my fish later :wink:

Has anyone opened a July thread … haven’t much of a clue how to do it myself I’m afraid :roll_eyes:

Glatonbury is on iPlayer.

xo

@JulesyMcJulesface: Oh my, that’s a very long time… It reminds me of my aunt who was a physician and she got all the long shifts as she had no kids… I could saw her at Christmas when I went to the hospital… Long shifts are tiring even if one does little, Alvaro had 12 hour night shifts, mostly just waiting for telephones, not falling asleep was as hard as falling asleep (and keep staying asleep) afterwards at home.
8 hours can be longer than ideal already, it depends on the work. And the individual, Alvaro and I never understood how others can have so much energy… Or passion though I actually liked my work. When not too many problematic persons were involved. I like teamwork as long as people do their jobs. My experiences are mixed. I had awesome perfect managers who helped me and absolutely useless annoying ones who tried to keep me from work and insulted me without reason. well that was one short thing but I never will forget it.
I typically disliked designers and programmers alike - I think they are natural enemies for a programmer… - but some were worse than others.
My other coworkers were mostly cool.
I still preferred working alone. Do you know how much bigger the compatibility between me and how much quicker is communication? :smiley: And it works for tiny projects just fine. Maybe some design ON TIME.

I tracked my (non-carnivore though it wasn’t too bad until the evening when I got hungry again despite all the good food I ate) yesterday… Both fat and protein over 200g, it happens. I was hungry and ate all day. About 530g meat?

Today will be better. I got hungry early but it’s the kind that passes. I did eat a few bites at lunch but it was minimal. I had fresh fried pork at that point, I tasted it, lovely! I managed to forget about it and it got a bit black but still pretty and good! :smiley:

We opened the smoked quail eggs in sauce we bought last Saturday at the “night market” on the night of Museums… Good, the sauce REALLY didn’t need the little sugar in it… I tasted it but don’t want to eat much of it (it’s a tiny jar but 12-15 eggs, they said) so I eat 1-2 more eggs and the rest is Alvaro’s.

I have my pâté, didn’t consider it needed to make new sponge cakes so I took a shot for @coopdawg with my last 2 old ones, they spent some time squashed in a little box in the freezer but they should do.

I have some new flowers (I mean, the plants are here since ages but they started their yearly bloom…) and an old cat, Caroline “Cloud” Aida :wink: She isn’t really old but the oldest of the whole bunch and the most dignified by far.

By the way, the day wasn’t better. I am an idiot and yes, I can say that, my inner structure makes it sure it does more good than harm. Tomorrow will be better. I know as I start to feel actual negative effects on my straying. Alvaro will be on holiday for 3 weeks (due to the change of owners at the company, it seems all will be mostly well but they need time) and I will need to do my best not to go off all the time. I tried to behave and mostly did for so long, my inner rebel surely will want things. But as going off stopped being worth it, some radical changes are necessary. Maybe I come out of July well.
(I still want to make new recipes and stuff.)

(Doug) #262

Holy ****… Ouch!

(Karen) #263

Todays food

Thought about going modern jive dancing this evening but dithered over it too long. Feeling so tired anyway so i guess it is just as well i haven’t gone. Just didn’t fancy sweaty men all over me and the thought i may end up with some cough or worse still another bout of Covid!

S9 i have had a pretty boring evening switching channels on the tv and i doubt it will be long before i go to bed! I want to sleeeeeeep!

(Robin) #264

So tired, and still such a cutie!

HI ALL

being on beach trip and having tons of fun. omgosh SO hot but you know I love hot hot weather. So having a blast.

hit grocery and got tons of meats. yesterday was sausage/fancy extra sharp white cheddar cheese—then 2 big cheeseburger patties for lunch time kinda and later grill time for chicken breasts. Got a leftover breast to eat first thing when I want it, then got me a beauty NY Strip to hit the grill for dinner tonight. Was so hungry when I got here, now I am backing off the food more cause doing so much at the beach and swim and boogie boarding the waves, I don’t want any food thru the big activity and heat ya know…hey fine by me :slight_smile: Just eat the zc any time I want it, any amt I want, and life goes on merrily along in fine form :slight_smile:
Great pics on the board, except for a veggie pic included…gosh that was scary!!! I am not used to truly seeing food plates like that anymore HAHA

@JJFiddle, still looking fine girl! Great smiling family pic for you guys!!

@JulesyMcJulesface, great pic of you too!! but I can barely see ya in that mask :crazy_face::100:

I got some great shots of beach and my food I will post later. My WI FI is not great and laptop moving slow of course so when I do get home from the trip I will show ya my good pics. Kiddo got a great one of sunset and it is reflected in the little beach tide water pond on the beach…nice photo.

Today is hit little village shop and goof off for a while…then home later to swim and boogie the waves!! More jellies in the water than other times, got an eye out on those suckers LOL

then after fun day, cook big ol’ steaks…yea what could be better right :slight_smile:
ZC on strong everyone.

(Karen) #266

Thought I would try and start up Julys thread but i just ended up messing the forum screen setting and can’t reset it :roll_eyes: useless woman!

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #267

Who’s useless? … have a word with her Karen :joy:

(Karen) #268

Well hey ho another wakeful night… i couldn’t get off to sleep last night so headed back downstairs for another half hour of tv

Up for a litte after 8 although i was awake before 7. Did my garden coffee and reading in the sunshine. We are back to slightly cooler temps for a while before it is due to get hot again. Had a wonderful chicken omelette for brunch. Wasn’t too sure i would like chicken in it for some unknown reason. I used one of the little packs of cooked sliced chicken… think this one was piri piri or something like that, sauted it in butter (in the pan with the leftover butter from cooking the salmon last night) and then added 3 large eggs. It was so delish… i can only wonder why i haven’t done an omelette in that way before :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

I went to the shops for some more eggs n cheese and popped into The Company Shop, just for the cheese of course and came out with the ardennes patè, which i dug into when i got home … delish only 75p… should have bought 2!
… and 2 x 300g fish pie mix (salmon, cod and smoked haddock)
390g pork kebabs
2 x 4 pk beef burgers
2 x 2 pk pork burgers
Smoked trout
500g chinese chicken wings
And 2 x lurpak butter (£1.25 ea)
£22.77 total

Then stopped at Lidl and couldn’t resist 2 medium sized fuschia plants reduced by £2 to £4.99 and a vuple of trays of geraniums. Got those planted out as soon as i got home. Weather a bit temporamental at the mo, expecting some rain some day soon.

Dinner is going to be Piri Piri Chicken wings or some similar spice and a small ribeye steak.

Good food there!

(Karen) #270

Can’t fault The Company Shop … it is all acado, waitrose, sainsburys, M&S , tesco and morrisons and some of the delux stuff from aldi and lidl. Also butchers meat.

Sound like the spot to shop alright.

I hope they do lambs’ liver :slight_smile:

(Karen) #272

@coopdawg thay do sometimes have liver and i managed to buy chicken liver last time i was in store. It was only 40p as it had reached its use by date so i could have frozen it but decided i would eat it for dinner. It was really delish… i wasn’t really expecting to like it as liver is something i eat only when i think my body is nagging me for it :laughing:

So dinner was piri piri chicken wings, very nice and i have just eaten the small ribeye which was nice and rare and very tender. In between i ate some more paté and some cheese.

Bedtime is looming…