Meat Chewin' June - June 2022 Carnivore Chat

(Karen) #261

@Shinita loving your wildlife pics :heart:

Been quite busy over past couple of days. When I got offered the 2.5 days per week in admin i felt comfortable with it and thought I can run to work via the tram … big hill to tram terminal, about 1m, tram to nearest tram stop to work, run up 2 hills about another 1.5m then do the same in reverse when I finish work. Just felt I can plan ahead as i can’t abide sitting on my bottom all day and can already feel an inch or two extra round my waist from the last 6 months. I haven’t changed my eating habits but obviously not cut down my portion sizes with this sedentary lifestyle thrust upon me. Tuesday evening one of our CrossFit coaches posted that he was going to do the 75 day hard challenge and I thought yes I need something to focus on, like when I was climbing mountains up my stair throughout covid.

Woke up Wednesday morning feeling very positive, for once and ran 100 flights of stairs with no problems, walked a very brisk walk to CrossFit with my shopping trolley, did the WOD and then walked back home via the shops.

As you know I have been putting into practise coping mechanisms for my anxiety issues and so shopped for suitable civi clothes for work as I have never been in a job which didn’t give you a uniform! I thought I need to sort out a wardrobe of work clothes straight away otherwise I would be whittling all the time I am off before going back to start this new job. Spent a fortune but did it, plus some flatties to save my feet lol ending up doing about 17,000 plus steps.

Today I ran a 100 stair flights, then ran a little over a mile to the CrossFit Box, did the WOD and ran home again then went dancing this afternoon. Not a lot of dancing as we were testing how well Raymond would manage and didn’t want him over doing things. I had been charging my fitbit while having a bath and annoyingly forgot to put it back on before dancing so it has only registered 11,500 steps :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

One of the 6 habits on the 75 day hard challenge is to read 10 pages of a non fiction book per day which is pretty easy for me as I only like non fiction and I had a book I read through the lockdown and wanted to read it again! :slightly_smiling_face: the book is Living Beyond Your Feelings by Joyce Meyer… very good book.

Food over the last couple of days

My first rose budding from my cheapy poundstretcher bare root at £1.99 :smiley: exciting lol

Oh one of the other habits for this challenge is 4 litres of water a day and I have noticed during last night that my wee didn’t smell and I thought it might be to do with no enough water! All good stuff. Except last night I ended up having to resort to paracetamols for a headache. I felt like I had 4 bolts being screwed into my head 2 at each temple and 2 in the cerebellar region. I was a bit concerned but I didn’t wake up with it this morning so paracetamol did the trick and I thought perhaps I had been overthinking the work clothes thing and all the decisions I had to make yesterday either that or too much protein!

Village shop is pathetic. (Small town, actually, but it’s the chain for the tiny places, not a big supermarket.) Well okay it had meat but not the 70/30 I wanted! I need fatty meat, I like the skinless cracklings too but I run out of my lard today!
I only could buy some chuck but it’s not fatty enough :frowning:
Oh well.

And the pork thigh/green ham situation got even worse. Alvaro told me (I didn’t get it last time) that 1.1kg pieces were bad because the limit to buy is 2kg… So one only could buy one…
Now there was one piece. 0.69 kg. I looked at it like a fisherman looks at a super tiny fish. It’s below the treshhold. But I have a lot at home, I lack fatty meat…

The weather is horrible and I am braindead all day, even when under the AC. Okay, should have slept more too.

But I go and come back when I do very proper carni. In a few days at most. Until then I just focus on my eggs and pork chuck as much as possible but it won’t be perfect.

@Karen: Nice rose! I spotted another of my old pink roses (at least the fragrance is nice. I dislike pink but even that can be kind of pretty on a flower. still prefer other colors), the first after so many weeks.
My leanders are in bloom (and they seem a bit unhappy with the hot weather. they get water TWICE a day, only they are that super spoiled so they stopped wilting leaves. I keep underestimating their water need as it’s so very huge, apparently) and my orange lilies still have a future ahead of us :smiley: Nice.

I barely saw anything of my garden lately, it’s super hotness outside nearly all day. It’s hot at 8am and 8pm alike. I go out for 5 minutes and need to take a cold showers. My cold showers are still nice and happen but I don’t get better at them anymore.

It’s not fair writing and not reading (I try…) but my brain can’t comprehend most things. It’s suffering. My room is over 26C and I always start dying there even if I got used to the hot temps as much as possible for me.
Downstairs is 22-24C, it’s between nice and hot but bearable. I only have socks when I go out to the 35-40C and it’s remarkable as I tend to need them even in summer, the floor is nicely cool.

(Judy Thompson) #263

@Shinita I hate that you’re limited as to how much you can buy! I guess you can go back every few days and get more, but still. There must be some rationing going on there.
Had to look up your temps in Fahrenheit, 26C is 78+F! That’s not hot for outdoors but for inside, it’s too hot to sleep, at least for me. Our upstairs here in VA isn’t air conditioned and we have to take turns coming down to sleep on the couch when we’re here. Texas is cool at night where we are, oddly enough, and we usually sleep all summer with the windows open and no AC. Daytime gets hot though. Also - you write but don’t read, I read but don’t write enough. I think we balance each other out :wink:

@Karen18 your food is mouth-watering! Love those strips of pork fat, Mmmm!

We’ve been working on clearing some of the house for DD to move in during July, but since her rent price is right (0) we don’t feel like we have to clear the place completely. Still, we decided to take an extra day and leave Saturday morning. That will put us on the road for the 4th of July since it’s a 3 day drive, which really is perfect. I’ll cancel the 1 remaining non-vacationing Monday student, no harm no foul.
We went to lunch today and I got wings, so yummy! Tonight I had the last remaining thick piece of tenderloin, cold with a little mayo, like a roast beef sandwich. Man I love that stuff!

@Fangs what a rough time! It’s natural to feel downhearted at a time like this, and you’re doing everything you can to help your MIL while still in your grief from your own mom passing. You’re getting it with both barrels, and I’m guessing your hubby is feeling all this too, and you’re keeping him afloat as well. Speaking of afloat though - at least you have your pool! ZC is keeping you as even as you possibly can be.

Looking forward to Jerky Jubilee July!

I am also a Joyce Meyer fan K! :slight_smile:

@JJFiddle
thanks JJ! yea I noticed hubby was holding up well but I also now see cracks in that armor. I think the stress level is breaking him a bit but we are just taking it all as it comes at all of us. MIL ‘seems’ in ok spirits even though very very sick at this point.

and here we go…-------everyone, come join the new July thread started and we leave June behind and look forward to July being a great carnivore adventure for all!

Jerky Jubilee ZC July!