Meat Chewin' June - June 2022 Carnivore Chat

(Karen) #70

Think I forgot to post yesterday.
So this morning ivwas up at 4.45am for work, was in by 6am. Usual grub for today cooked chicken slices reheated in butter.
Got home about 3pm and had some beef brisket I had cooked yesterday. Bit dry, not so keen, slightly over cooked. Followed that a bit later with 2 scrambly duck eggs followed by the last 4 chipolata sausages and 4 rashers of bacon.

Now in bed ready to do it all again tomorrow.

Yesterday I planted out the tree fern i bought on Sunday. Was going to put it in the planter near the Acer but I decided against that as it looked like it would take the eye away from my beautiful Acer and so went out and bought another steel trash bin. It now looks just right and I used the lid to make the 2 tier bin lid waterfally pondy thingamajig into a 3 bin lid pond :laughing::laughing:

I will take a piccy of the little pond tomorrow

(Judy Thompson) #71

@Shinita NO he never stops at a Carni meal. After the ham and eggs lastnight he went and got 3 slices of pumpernickel to mop up the yolks. I usually cook everything for him, lastnight I didn’t, he just went and got it.

Today, meal 1 was eggs and ham. Tonight, after visiting a friend’s daughter in the hospital, we went to dinner. Half chicken, sides went to hubby.

Nice!

(Daisy) #73

Raw day, plus a protein/collagen water. I’m going to go back to drinking those for a while for my hair.
image image image

@FrankoBear
sorry you guys are dealing with covid but if you are wanting all that food, then you can’t be ‘that bad’ :slight_smile: One thing I always say is I am only ‘truly sick’ is when I go off my feed. If I can eat and ‘be sick’, hell I am fine LOL

never had covid. we think hubby did way long ago cause he went super bad breathing for like 3 days then got well but I never went down and neither did kiddo.

I am a SeaFangs for sure right now.

-------------------food yesterday while traveling was junky. icky guts.
had 2 bunless sausage/egg/cheese things I bought when we stopped in around 9 in the morn…then around 4 when here they wanted this ‘food truck’ everyone said was so great. burgers and wings. omg the wings were gross, not cooked thru and I threw those out and I got a double bacon cheeseburger, no bun, the bacon was raw, I only do crispy and the burger had ‘some type of seasoning’ on it that I knew instantly wasn’t gonna set well and it didn’t. Not a happy zc day for me but today I plan on eating MY meats I brought.

I think they will try to drag me out to dinner somewhere but today I want my stuff only. answer will be no. tomorrow, not today! I need gut cleanout time for sure.

got a few rum drinks in my future day tho! on vacay and gonna do just that. will see how I fair on them LOL haven’t boozed up in a while so it shall be interesting to see if I survive some.

high 90s, big sun, off to the surf I go. later when the sun comes up I will snap a pic of our RV and beach. We are literally on one side of a small dune and boom, right over, the big ol’ beach! love it.

It does feel like I have been in a cage-fight. Muscle and joint aches and pains. The sore throat has eased throughout today. A touch of the diarrhoea after 1 coffee. But I ate a big plate of bacon and eggs with some side cheese (JBerg), and all my tablets. Today feels like when I reacted to the Pfizer vaccination - muscle and joint soreness. So’ I’ll take it as my immune system firing up. I got about 20 minutes of afternoon sunshine, which was nice. Mrs. Bear was sick of resting and was doing some yoga. I took it easy with the work work. Tonight I’ll finish the meaty chicken soup, I found some beef broth in the depths of the chest freezer so have added it as well, and have a side of paracetamol. I think you call it Tylenol in the USA?

I did this: 2 Keto Dudes Podcast Special Covid-19 Report

Carnivoring on. See no reason to adjust.

:laughing:

I call this picture “All the leaves are brown…” The green parrots have been up in the coral gums snipping off the winter blossoms.

first pic is at my pic windown in rv. ravaged beach trees :slight_smile:
second pic is standing in myb rv doorway taking pic of hubby already at the surf and fishing. pic makes him seem farther away but I can see him clear as day and having fun. we are right ON the beach.

got a big ol’ pet dune rat here. sits eating seeds and stares me down. not scared of me one bit LOL I said stay outside fine, in my rv and you will be toast…rat on a skewer, hey carnivores would do that HA

gonna get metal detector and hit the beach in a bit. time to walk and relax and find spanish gold.

There’s an app that answers this reckoning. It seems I would pop up in Bermuda.

But he could start with it… Alvaro must eat carbs for every bite. He can’t eat eggs or meat or cheese alone at all. His side dishes are sacred and needed. He needs his very carby side even for legumes :smiley: Sometimes I tell him that is supposed to be the carby side for the more protein rich part so no extra carb is required but he points out that most people still eat bread with it and that’s true… Some people eat that with everything. Just like I eat eggs with everything.

I didn’t do experiments lately… And now I have multiple lean leftovers to eat… I am still very curious what would happen if I went for low-fat. It’s the zillions time I have this idea but I never ever could do it, something happens and I lose my focus and without constant focus I eat fatty.
I calculated a bit so now I know that protein:fat grams in 3:1 ratio still isn’t good enough to figure out what happens when I lack calories and already ate record amount of protein…
My experiments would be super short but I badly need to restrict my fat intake. I try to minimize it since 11 years but it’s still way too much. I need to be a bit more forceful. Just a bit or else my rebellious self runs amok or something. Now I am curious and that’s good as that’s a great motivation. Losing fat never motivated me at all (except once decades ago when Alvaro just slimmed down - it took him 6-7 hard weeks to lose fatness forever… and efforts since, yeah, that too, hunger every day, it can’t be fun. he can’t afford more than 2800 kcal and that’s very little food indeed. for him. I would be happy with that amount on most day but that would be overeating. and maintenance but I wanna lose and overeating isn’t right either).

Today I eat fish (the same stuff I showed here days ago… I don’t like it but sometimes eat a tiny bite), liver (I have so much left, maybe I will need Alvaro’s help), pork, I have 2 sponge cakes… If I go for lean, 5 hard-boiled egg whites are realistic too, I love them. I like my whites hard and yolks runny (raw works too). Hence Alvaro eating deviled eggs filling without the whites and me eating the hard whites. When I bring myself to make the complicated deviled eggs filling I don’t even like. I have other recipes for the yolks, I use them as flour in carnivore baked things. Still couldn’t make crackers.

I think I will need some training. And maybe I can try eating lean at lunches… If I don’t want OMAD as lunch is already so much waiting for my food :smiley: I understand the simplicity and usefulness of OMAD (when I can eat enough) but something in me prefers some nice TMAD. I just can’t pull that off, usually. But when Carni Easy Satiation kicks in, TMAD is more realistic than OMAD. I really don’t care, either works, I just want to chill being perfectly satiated nearly all day.

Gloomy day. Not exactly raining but super humid, I think today is the day when we will try out the dehumidifier function of the AC. I saw 78% downstairs and it won’t change all by itself.
I got home from my walk all clammy. But saw an egret and a blue heron! (And a coot and at least one duck but they are always there.)

Alvaro looked it up some months ago (without an app)… It was some part of the ocean near Australia for us. I don’t remember exactly.

opposite tunnel thru earth for me is Gnarabup Australia
hmm, gonna look them up now :slight_smile:

edit: it is a BEACH town!!! it is me to the max.
at least I wasn’t sent out into the desert or dry tough areas of Australia…weee…life put me right where it should

:laughing: Gnarabup is about 50km south of my place. It’s nice.

Thanks Judy.

My body resists lean food well… But I ate some from everything. And cream. Yum. But just a little.
I wasn’t really hungry so we will see what I can do at dinner.

We got sunshine, yay!

(Judy Thompson) #82

That was me with covid. All the arthritis and sciatica hit me hard at once and I couldn’t lie down, sit or stand. But I took double gabapentin and muscle relaxants and that knocked it out. Whew!

(Judy Thompson) #83

Antipodes! Wow. Opposite of us (Washington DC area) is Augusta, Western Australia.
Also near the beach!

Okay, I looked it up. Somewhat east from New Zealand, water everywhere…

(Karen) #85

My opposite tunnel is in the water … poss pacific?? Couldnt work out the app lol. Think I will avoid tunneling as we don’t want any more floods than we already get around here :rofl:

No sleep at all last night in fact my fit bit said very poor sleep lol. My ex bf phoned me at 9.30pm after i was drifting into a lovely deep sleep and that was the end of that! Even took a couole of sleepers about 1030 but nope, was up and downstairs watching boring TV as a last resort about midnight. Last time I looked at clock it was 2.55am and I was up at 4 45 so needless to say I was on my last chin straps all day!

Usual work food cooked sliced chicken reheated in butter and 1 hard boiled egg.

Home at 3.45pm and had last of brisket with mayo cos it was so dry, 2 duck eggs scrambled and 4 rashers of bacon.

So so tired, early night for me. @Fangs enjoy your beach combing and the surf, @FrankoBear get well soon you and Mrs Bear. Good foody pics @Ketodaisy and @JJFiddle I do try to get through everyone’s posts but so hard when my little brain is struggling .

Off work till Monday when I have the Ill Health Retirement meeting to see what’s going to be offered, not stressing about it what will be and all that… #1 Governor off sick (wonder if he will get an absence warning letter???) So meeting being headed by the Deputy Head Gov.

Good luck!

(Daisy) #87

Cheesy pork nuggets and chicken liver pâté, a baby grass fed ny strip and lots more pâté. Ended up eating the whole bowl of pâté. It just was really hitting the spot!

image image

(Linda ) #88

The last couple days been eating shrimp full fat yogurt and steak…needed the steak to counter the lean meat making me want more meals.

@fangs enjoy the beach I hope you have loads of sunshine nothing but rain today here in florida.
@FrankoBear sorry to hear you both got covid hope you both have a speedy recovery and neither of you get long term symptoms…

@Shanita lol I don’t know how much in weight it just doesn’t keep me full if it’s lean… but no real suprise you can’t live on lean for long or you get sick… a couple of meals low fat and im almost grazing on food, then it takes a couple days to get back to 2 meals lol… but all the first meat eaters ate fatty meats even way back when steffasan did his meat trial in hospital in ny he suffered from protein poisoning they started him off too lean and took him a couple of meals to get over it…its from him studying the inuit that the recommended fat was 3:1

Meanwhile the cost of living goes up. I can’t remember the last time I ate lettuce.

I blame COVID for making me post about lettuce.

Thanks to all for your well wishes.

Bacon and eggs is still going down here. Atlantic salmon tonight. Carnivoring on.