Mayonnaise keto

(Mahmood A Rasool) #1

Hi all
Which mayonnaise can i use ?
Can i use rape seed oil

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

In my opinion, I think you’d be better off with either olive or avocado oil. Olive oil has a rather strong flavour that you may or may not like as mayo, but you can use so-called ‘light’ to get better results. They have a slightly better fat comp than rape/canola. Still not great, but better. You can buy both in any health food store, or make your own. It’s not difficult to make mayo. Or forget mayo and make hollandaise with butter, or even lard or tallow. I intend to try coconut/mct some time, but havn’t gotten around to it yet.

You may find this of interest.

(Give me bacon, or give me death.) #3

Welcome to the forums!

You can use any mayonnaise you want, but you might wish to avoid one made with vegetable oil, since most vegetable oils (they are actually seed oils) contain far too much polyunsaturated fat, which causes inflammation when over-consumed. A fruit oil, such as olive oil, has a better fat profile, and you can also make mayonnaise from avocado and coconut oil (home-made is really far tastier, anyway). You might like to try out a few of the mayonnaise recipes in our Recipes forum; some of them are particularly tasty.

Arguably one of the worst oils you can consume. If you’re going to use it, use it sparingly. Yes, it tastes the best. The Avacado mayo’s are the next best for me. I’ve found the Primal Kitchen and Sir Kensington to be the ones I like the most. Many of them aren’t really that good. I really like those two though. Olive oil mayo just tastes too far off for me.

(Joey) #5

We love Chosen Foods (Avocado-based) “traditional” mayo. Use it all the time.

Tastes great. Less Filling. :wink:

BTW, welcome to the forum @Mahmood_A.rasool