May the Meat Force be with you! - 31 day Zero Carb Carnivore Cruise

(Vic) #411

Love trying new things, I’ll stay away from this one then, thnx

(Linda ) #412

Still trying to eat my way through the chicken and the mayo def helps but I still got another couple pieces to go.

I’m not sure I’ll freeze a whole pack again not so bad when hubby is home to eat but he just started hauling cars all over America and for awhile he will be on the road most of the time and it’s def too much just for me lol… he been gone almost two weeks but will be home tonight or tomorrow for long weekend. There is a sad face husky who will be thrilled to see him jake doesn’t do as well without him home…20220527_123924 walks help but think he might have to become a traveling dog lol…

Nice shed.

My garage is full of tools (which i do use), gardening equipment (that I would need to use more often), gym equipment (that I would need to use more often), paint (that I would need to use more often), and a good recently bought bicycle, which I would really need to use more often, lol!

Yeah I get the long shift thing. After work, and walking Carly, and after internal chores, then cooking…not much time in the day left for other stuff. I think I watch too much news, but I can’t help it. I’m even listening to it now in the background. Hmmm. Hours of news everyday, maybe that’s why I’m stressed?

I can’t read back now but I finally have the CF card (had to go downstairs AGAIN… after I took it from the camera and forgot as usual) so I show my tray from yesterday.

That is a cheesy pancake, not filled, I just poured some cheese on the still raw pancake side when the other was frying and flipped :slight_smile: The little bowl contains my beloved sour cream.
I couldn’t eat it all at lunch (but of course there were many sponge cakes). Pork thigh is awesome especially if a bit fatty… But it’s lovely anyway. No pinkness but it definitely wasn’t dry this time! :smiley: After the shot I ate some and fried the rest for a little while in a pan. And if not for lunch, I could eat it for dinner. It was just a tad more than a pound. I ate liver too but my while week is like that, it happened today as well.
Cronometer says I had 700% vitamin A days (and some weaker ones I suppose as I didn’t eat 100g liver every day despite it’s a very tiny amount. but I didn’t really track, I just measured everything, a bit annoying but I can’t stop. and I am curious anyway but I should track then).

Today was similar. Sponge cakes (only 5.5 :D), pork thigh roast, a sausage shaped pâté thing, Mangalica and smoked, we never ate anything like that… But the taste was totally nice, meaty pâté. Our liver spread only contains liver and pork fat and spices normally, no other meat but it’s nice when it has normal meat in it.
It was a simple day (I mean, I only touched a few items all day, it’s rare) with 3 meals in the end. This leaner pork is very effective now (probably I have the right phase but this is a great cut for this anyway), I get satiated very easily with it. Oh I did fat first today, with a nice little piece of the fattiest pork I am able to consume (smoked, cooked fat tissue with some little meat in it, it always tastes awesome to me). I felt okay with the idea this time, I was hungry and my meat needed a bit more time so why not? One day I will try to eat as much as I want from it but then I won’t eat anything else for a while.

Things go very well now eating wise though I was hungry way too early but not seriously, I could wait until 2pm. But I never was this good with waiting on trickier days. Good.

We go to the city tomorrow again, we pick up a guinea pig (she’s pretty, I will bring a photo if I manage to take a nice one), do a little shopping and walking in Nature (we usually just visit many shops and socialize, it’s very tiring, the former, I mean, Alvaro’s Mom is cool, she has just bad habits like smoking and eating not healthy enough)! We walked a bit last time too, it’s so great that while she lives very near to the city center, the edge of the city with ponds and whatnots are just as close as the center isn’t in the middle. So we saw many frogs and an egret. I don’t know if I wrote this before… But these things are so vital for us. I couldn’t live in a city without hiking and seeing many different animals. When I lived in the capital city (where 20% of the whole population of Hungary lived), I survived it for so many years as I usually lived at a nice place and/or my workplace wasn’t in the citycenter either. I had way better things like parks, there was a very big, pretty cemetery rich in trees that I crossed every day to work, I lived next to a beautiful hill with pasque flowers but Budapest has a lot of hilly areas anyway so I needn’t to go far for a tiny hiking. I went a bit farther for the bigger ones in the weekends. I walked about 70km per week without any special effort, I just went to work and needed to hike a bit sometimes, I was sitting all the time anyway, after all… Now I would need some serious determination to do the same, I don’t even walk half of this much now and that’s quite pitiful as I consider it below the bare minimum for walking. I expect cycling and lifting from me too. I skip cardio as I can’t bring myself to do it. A very tiny bit happens during cycling I guess and I run a little during certain walks but that’s it.

EDIT: Forgot to tell that I put some nice, slightly liver-y day into Cronometer, very rarely I like to do that.
Of course I have no idea about my actual needs and that what happens if something is very off, oh well.
I know I get most stuff even according to RDA but some are always off.
Wow, I get 50% magnesium and potassium now? Nice. They used to be lower I think…
Iron is fine but only because of the liver than makes my day 700% vitamin A…
IDK what vitamin K is but I apparently eat close to none of it. But my body is fine with my diet so it’s all good I guess.
I never looked at the fats but it seems that apart from my near zero trans-fat (Cronometer says even proper food has a tiny bit), my PUFA is very low and I eat plenty of both the other kinds. Makes sense but as I eat okay food and my body is happy with them, I wouldn’t worry whatever would be a case, not like I have the vaguest idea what is good or not. Eggs are great so lots of monounsaturated and lots of saturated fat should be great…

It was just a single example day but pretty close to what I have nowadays. And I can’t do much with the result anyway…

(Karen) #415

@Azi your pooch looks gorgeous and he looks a big doggo too!

Thanks @coopdawg I was out in that shed all day today! And yes you are definitely listening to too much news … if I watch one newsreel a day I am stressed thats why I never watch it! My excuse is that I am not allowed to get stressed since my Stroke.

Nice foody pic @Shinita and I forgot to take one of my main food today hahaha

I was up by 8.30am (went to bed quite late last night) and went straight out into the garden and decided to get on sorting the other end of the shed. The she has a lockable door where the bikes were kept and where I had been dumping the leftover soil and compost after planting my pots. Also had all the excess patio slabs in there as they were humped to behind the shed and bit by bit everything was brought outside. Went in doors at 6.30pm and can honestly say I still wasn’t hungry even though my last meal was the night before. I put the 2 bikes, an old metal work bench, a painting step, strimmer and other bits n pieces at the front of the drive in the hopes they will magically disappear. Scrapman should take most of it. Dont know where the time went but my shed looks super tidy both ends now, even managed to get some of the stuff from the extension room in there. Feel that sense of achievement :relieved:

So my brinner lol was a plate of bacon rashers, too salty while my manx kipper were cooking. Then ate about 1 and a bit of the kippers, they smelt better than they tasted. And I have just had a plate of 3 duck egg scrambled in butter. Should have stuck with the usual 2 as 3 was just too much and I felt 8cky afterwards. I am done in now and ready for bed 🥱🥱

Forgot to take pic of manx kippers.oh well they looked the same as the last ones I took :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Daisy) #416

@Shinita vitamin k deficiency was the cause of my heavy calcium deposits on my teeth. I’ve been high dosing it and it’s improving greatly

Omad today: big tbone, eggs/bacon both cooked in camel fat, and bone broth jello

image image image image image

Meat Chewin' June - June 2022 Carnivore Chat
(Robin) #417

Nothing beats a good productive days work and the sense of achievement and peace that follows. I’m happiest when *’m exhausted from a project.

(Karen) #418

The scrap metal guy was parking up as I was going out to CrossFit this morning and he took everything away from front of drive Yay! Mind you the rusty old road bike went through the night or very early this morning, if anything I thought someone may take my daughters old bike as it was in much better condition! I bought my racer about 22 years ago for a tenner from the skip, I certainly got my moneys worth!

(Judy Thompson) #419

A couple days since I wrote here but not much going on. Beautiful white husky @Azi! @Shinita looking forward to seeing the guinea pig! Do you know they’re raised for food in Peru? Just try to resist eating your new pet :joy: jk. Karen you’re so industrious! Nice to get rid of old stuff. Good riddance!
I’m doing that too. We took things from here in VA to start our house and guest house in TX. Now, all 3 places are furnished and finished and you can’t even tell where anything is missing!

Nice and peaceful here with hubby away, things that break stay broke though, til he gets home on Wednesday lol!
Taught a couple lessons this morning, set up a new ice machine that will go to tx next month. He’s played 2 gigs in TX this week, and another tonight - busy boy!
Grocery shopping yesterday and today I’m sous viding the tenderloin. I read copiously on cooking beef tongue, I’ll light into that this afternoon. Clearing kitchen for demolition this coming week.
Just finished the last ribeye from last week. Still yummy!

(Linda ) #420

Yeah but compared to my husky I got at Christmas jake has alot of colour lol …This is sky she is about 8 months now she was a fluff ball when we got her

20220218_233710

I’m going to smoke some corn beef later see how it comes out I love corn beef but as pastrami yummy hopefully.
Finally ate all the chicken yesterday finished off with bacon and ate more bacon as first meal …
Got steak out for later.

Of course I know there are food, it’s extremely well known I think and I am curious and read about various things but especially animals and food.

I don’t eat other people’s property* and don’t eat pets without a very good reason either ;). We wondered with Alvaro a few times about the cats in apocalypse but decided it sooo wouldn’t worth it…
I would try guinea pig but won’t go out of my way to do so.
And yep, I just must react seriously to things not said seriously sometimes, I don’t see other options.

*it’s true for other people’s food too, it’s a very serious thing for me. I find it extremely rude and not loving when people just eat up their family member’s food when it’s not clear it’s allowed.
But what is very sacred in this household: Last Bite. Even if a food isn’t specifically belong to someone, we are careful not to eat up the whole leftover part without talking about it. No matter how tiny it is :slight_smile: We both find this very important.
(And I never ask for each other’s last bite on the plate either. If we want a bit from the other’s food, we must ask way earlier. And sometimes the other needs the whole things, it’s rare but sometimes happens.)

I bought lots of pork. My freezer is pretty full now. And I am tired.
Meat prices didn’t change, other things went up (Alvaro mentioned his flour, his Mom carbonated water) and it turned out the tastier whipping cream in my favorite supermarket chain costs 50% more than in a not so favorite one… I went to the second later and bought one in each while I opened a box of whipping cream in the morning :smiley: So I ended up with a lot of whipped cream for the next 2 weeks. Alvaro will help to consume it. It’s 700ml in total, it’s a very serious amount for us in such a short time but not impossible to eat without problems (i.e. me overeating it. I can eat whipped cream galore, it’s just not a very good idea to do so). I can store some of it in the freezer too, I forgot that… No problem then.
We bought another 850ml sour cream as we only have 5-600ml at home and Alvaro has plans with it.
My fridge has space problems now. We even have vegs there for the guinea pig… If things get a bit better, I will make soup (I have pork chuck with bone, some meat with the bone will be nice in it), no way I could fit a pot there in the next 1-2 days…

It’s good I brought my own food, not like I didn’t eat what was given (it wasn’t a carnivore day at all) but I needed everything and more, I was quite hungry. I didn’t want to bring my roast and keep it in the car for several hours, I missed it a bit, that’s so good at satiating me… I only had a little at home later but I will eat it for my next meal. My next roast will be the same again as it’s so good. It seems you call that cut ham? We usually use ham for smoked stuff only, that’s why it’s called thigh here. And leg is not clear. We don’t call the meaty parts leg. Or any cuts, actually as we call the whole feet “hooves”. No idea why when it’s clearly not that but well, fowl drumstick is called lower thigh despite that not being a thing in anatomy… So I am a bit lost sometimes.

@Azi: Pretty doggies :smiley: I like dogs even if I am more like a cat person. (Not like I can possibly LIKE my brats who lie on my flowers, dine on the doormat and take apart lizards for fun… They have their positive side though. But Tofu was really horrible yesterday. I can handle a lot of things but I don’t think she must walk over my little plants and lie on them. My young flowers, for example.)
Today the free range dog Alvaro saved some months ago came again. (We really will need a fence eventually… Someone chewed on our plants too not so long ago. Maybe a deer though I never saw on in my garden but they appear in this “street”. But the goats aren’t free nowadays so who else?) Pie looked quite interesting with her raised hackles, I didn’t even know her fur is so long… The dog is friendly but she still chases the cats a bit sometimes. I think she is still young, she surely behaves so. You know, the enthusiastic foolish puppy who has no idea how to stay put for 2 seconds most of the time.

(Daisy) #422

A dozen eggs for breakfast. For fun, I was challenged by another carnivore to see how many eggs I could eat at once. After about 7 eggs, I was still very hungry but NOT for plain eggs. I put some salt on it and ate the remaining 5. I wasn’t full, but was absolutely repulsed at the idea of another egg, so I knew I’d probably need to eat again. 8 hours later, I was hungry. I made 2 bison burgers and bacon. Topped the burgers with some kerrygold. Worked my tail off today and am so sore right now.

Excellent post. I have bookmarked it. So important to have that awareness of others.

Still riding the carnivore wave here. It’s not smooth but it is powerful. A few family engagements and slight slips. But back to cold leftover baked beef ribs with two boiled eggs this morning. Hickory smoked roast lamb done on a coal fire last night, and a large salmon fillet cooked on a cedar board in a covered BBQ. Still addicted to coffee (can empathise with @Ketodaisy regarding addictive things regarded as food or nutrition). My justification is that coffee and honey in this WOE are medicinal.

Has anyone overcome coffee addiction while on carnivore?

The State Library had a photo of the local surf break from 1957. I digitally adjusted it into a carnivore wave rider!

Oh, the one who puts my egg eating abilities to shame strikes again! :smiley:

I know the feeling. I often get it after less… Especially nowadays. I eat 3-4 eggs and switch to meat :smiley:

12 SIMPLE eggs… Wow. Okay, you are that type and I am the one who needs variety even for my eggs and 12 eggs usually means 4-5 different egg dishes… (Usually… Lol. I only tracked one such day though it probably happened a few times unnoticed. But let’s discount old sweets eating days.)

I had an off day and I mean 24 hours and now I am back to the strictest style I can imagine, at least that’s the plan. No coffee, no dairy, pure carni, not a single calorie before 3-4pm… For 2 days and we will see what June will bring.

My fruit season won’t be too mild, after all. I mean, in my garden as I still plan to pressure can a little amount and Alvaro can have the vast majority of the rest. But they are already SO PRETTY! :smiley: Yay. It warms my heart Alvaro will be able to enjoy the little darlings to his heart’s content. He is a huge fruit consumer all year round but fresh own ones are the best.

I need to try this 12 egg thing myself (with a bit more variation, though). I imagine I would either be fine after 12 or would be hungry but I definitely would need to eat in a few hours again. But 12 is tricky especially now. I still love meat WAY more than eggs (not like I could stand an eggless meal, I like when I have both but meat is more tempting and I focus on it.)
On my next egg lover day then. Or with a little meat inside my egg dishes?

I am not… I think… It’s just a habit, useful and good with cream :smiley: I run out of cream, don’t ask me WHY I still drank another coffee… But now I stop. I just miss something liquid and possibly warm and tea doesn’t cratch that itch and cocoa is even less carnivore… I need to find my recently lost love towards warm water! It can’t be hard.
But I don’t like the taste of coffee anymore. So it’s a miniature problem to solve… It’s possible my extras are to blame (let alone my off times but I am too indulgent then to make things even worse so my coffee consumption shoot up) and pure carni will make it easier. As long as I can stick to it, my track record is horrible but let’s try it for just some days now.

I don’t remember how long my no coffee period lasted last time but it was multiple days, it’s something from me! But as usual, something happened. it’s so crazy, I finally didn’t like coffee and days passed and it was fine… But I probably got a headache or something (medicinal black coffee, just once, fine) then I longed for a nice feeling, atmosphere a coffee may create… And had one and it wasn’t as nice as I thought. It’s a bit like Alvaro and unicum. He doesn’t like it at all but he gets curious and wonder if it’s still as bad as he remembers? It can’t be. But it is. But he did that a few times a year in the past while coffee tempts me way more often. Why?
And when I would learn it’s not enjoyable to me (at least its flavor. drinking coffee is multilayered)… I happen to drink it after my meal, all fancy with yolk and butter and it’s GOOD! And it ruins all my tiny efforts.

I should find a hidden emergency stash of going colf turkey and STAYING so in my too indulgent personality. Because I can quit coffee for days with some effort, even a week. But it comes back somehow.

(Daisy) #426

I completely agree with honey being medicinal. I have had a sore throat for the last week off and on and have used a teaspoon here and there. The dose really is the poison for me though. I have had blood sugar roller coasters that are usually smooth as can be. But it did help my sore throat and saved me a doctor bill.

I have never been one to drink coffee, so I can’t speak personally on this subject. As someone involved in a much larger carnivore community on Instagram though, I can say that several people have beat it. More have not because they justify to themselves that it’s not addictive and not problematic. As an impartial outsider, I could assure them that it is though :joy:. watching them post about it is like watching an active drug addict or sugar addict post about their addiction. Complete denial. Those that have beat it though are able to recognize the addiction. There are also a small handful like yourself that can recognize the addiction, but are not at a place that they’re ready to overcome it. I certainly can relate as someone who recognized my addiction for 5 years before spending 10 years trying to beat it. It’s a journey for each of us! I wish you much success as you decide how to proceed!!

@FrankoBear
hate coffee so not addiction for me. I got tons of other addictions I am battling and I thank the heavens I hate coffee actually :wink: caffeine is a no go for my heart pvc issues and just ditching my diet pepsi addiction was bad enough.

Love the ride the carnivore wave but ‘under that wave’ is the carnivore to be wary of and watch for that sucker to wanna feed :alien::face_with_monocle:

(Linda ) #428

I dont have an addiction to coffee I often have times when I don’t touch it for months but it gives me a hot drink and with the choc salted electrolytes and table spoon of cream I actually enjoy it.
But when I listened to the expert on judy cho she said that coffee affects some but not others and she said there is about 1/3 of ppl who have no addictions at all.

(Robin) #429

I tried to give up coffee one morning.

(Vic) #430

I’m addicted to coffee and I just don’t care.

I don’t abuse alcohol. (20 gr carbs a week or 2 beers)
Don’t smoke.
No drugs or medicines.

Good enough for me.