MAY 2021 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Well, got home yesterday after work and figured to either just eat something or do some work… so I decided to go out and worked in the Garden for a couple hours. Presently just passed 60 hrs. Wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue or eat something today or not, but I did drop a 2-1/2" Top Sirloin in the Sous Vide last night just in case I decide to break. If so it will sometime after 70 hrs. or so.

(Bob M) #22

Great news!

Trying for a mere 36 hours today until tomorrow morning. Couldn’t do it last week (broke around 20 hours or so). Have hopes for longer today.

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

I’m doing OMAD for this week. Hoping to build my “fasting muscle” back up, LOL.

Well, broke at just around 70 hrs. … Plan on Feasting tomorrow after tonight’s meal, and then cruise the weekend and maybe pick back up again next week. But I also took off Friday and Tuesday to make a 5 day weekend. So may wait until Wednesday when I go back to work. … Happy Fasting Folks. :+1:

(Bob M) #25

You really do see to lose the “fasting muscle” if you don’t use it.

Well, I was able to hit about 36 hours or so… Worked out this morning, a short body weight training, then riding my bike to and over a local hill, and back. Switched from my mountain bike (with studded tires for ice - haven’t had time to rotate tires) to my racing bike. Whoa! I dropped a bunch of weight in the bike and felt as if I was flying up the hills. (Of course, I wasn’t. I’m still slow, even with a lighter bike. :wink:)

I know some people hate fasting 24+ hours and think it’s not useful, but I find it refreshing. It does “something” more than just no calories. For instance, I slept really well last night, not getting up at all during the night. That never happens if I eat.

Every time I got hungry yesterday, I took in some salt. I tried to use the trick of putting it under my tongue, which supposedly makes it absorb faster. But I get some small amount under my tongue, and the rest everywhere else. It did seem to work, though. And, I got only a tiny beginning of a lower leg cramp at night, which went away.

I also am going to have a longer holiday. I’ll also be back next week. Enjoy your fasting and/or holiday.

(Jane) #26

I started a new thread for June fasters