May 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Tamela Robinette) #21

I am at 38 hours and coasting! Woooo hooooo! I will easily make it to 42 hours I hope but may attempt to push it to 48. I brought some bone broth and bacon and eggs to work just in case. I bought some strips yesterday and they are reflecting that I am in deep ketosis. I’m doing my happy dance!

(Bob M) #22

The wife and I started this week with about a 36 hour fast. I would normally exercise at about 32 hours, but I’m taking this week off of exercise to rest. Normally, my rest comes with vacations, but we haven’t had any vacations. I then ate OMAD on Wednesday. I still find OMAD hard to do, if I eat later at night, which is normal, as I like to visit with the family. Otherwise, I just sit there. Was easier when the kids had “stuff” to do, as I could pick them up later, and they wouldn’t realize I wasn’t eating. Now, they’re home all the time.

(Bacon for the Win) #23

Made it to the end of my 87 hours. Having a few scrambled eggs then going to sleep awhile. I’m off work until Tuesday night, so I need to straighten out my sleep hygiene for the next few days. I will probably do another 87 hours over my next 3 nights stretch, unless I decide to push it to 96. We’ll see next week.

(UsedToBeT2D) #24

I did it, thanks. Actually, I felt best after about hour 60…I actually thought about going another day, but my was preparing my Break fast meal, and I didn’t want to refuse.
My glucose readings are now noticeably a notch down, the insulin sensitivity is improving.
I am planning the next 3 day fast soon.
It’s a miracle!

(UsedToBeT2D) #25

Nice.

(UsedToBeT2D) #26

Yea! That’s amazing 87 hours. Are you in for weight loss or therapeutic benefits?

(Bacon for the Win) #27

both actually. It’s nice not to have the crazy food cravings in my every day life. Also hopeful to ward off illness down the road. Made it to 57 and not on any medications so I guess I’m doing better than many people.

(Tamela Robinette) #28

Awesome!!!

(Tamela Robinette) #29

I sure do miss all the activity that used to be in this thread. It really helped keep me motivated. Anywho, I am almost at 36 hours of at least 72 hours. I’m feeling really confident that I can hit my goal this week. Pee strips show deep purple (ketosis.) My bio-impendence (spelling?) scales are showing all my numbers trending in the right direction. I lifted weights this morning and had an awesome workout. I just started back lifting last week after about a 6 month hiatus and I was so sore for days! I’m hoping I won’t be as sore this week. How is everyone else doing? Anyone else fasting this week?

(Bacon for the Win) #30

hi Robinette. I’m doing another extended fast this week. Started yesterday at 2PM and will end Friday at PM. 96 hours! Never thought I’d be able to pull that off and here I am killing it :rofl:

I’ve found it easier to start the day before a stretch of night shifts and end my fast when I get home after my last shift. I only have a few more weeks of nights then I’ll probably go to ADF. Working on getting the spouse onboard too.

Hope you’re doing well!

(Tamela Robinette) #31

96 hours! Wow! Have you gone that long before? I think my longest I’ve ever done is 72. Maybe I’ll try to push through and we can motivate each other. My only problem is I started this fast at 8 p.m. and certainly don’t want to break it that late at night and then go to bed. So I’ll probably break at an uneven hour which drives my OCD nuts haha!

(Bacon for the Win) #32

I did 87 hours the last two weeks, and yes, that odd number made me nuts. That’s why I rounded up to 96! I had a late lunch yesterday which left me not feeling like eating when I was planning at 530PM. So I started at 2. I get home at 830AM and usually eat then, but if I sleep a few hours, I should be ok until 2PM.

We can definitely motivate each other!

(Tamela Robinette) #33

Let’s do this!!! Wooo hoo!

(Bacon for the Win) #34

oh it’s on!!
Right now I’m prepping a bunch of food for my husband, who is just starting IF for the first time. He’s T2 diabetic and insulin dependent, so we’d like to lower his insulin usage and get a few pounds off too. The food doesn’t even interest me right now.

(Tamela Robinette) #35

Fasting is the most efficient way to get him there! I hope you’re able to keep him motivated. I was just looking at my fasting history for last week in the LIFE app and I fasted a total of 131 hours! The longest fast was 44 hours. Most days I fasted 20 hours or more. Patting myself on the back because I hadn’t realized I had been that disciplined. Anyway, I had a few hunger pains about an hour ago. Went for a little walk and now I’m drinking some green tea. This too shall pass! KCKO!!!

(Bacon for the Win) #36

nice job, that’s some decent fasting times. And the hunger comes and goes. For the most part I’m able to ignore it. I do drink the keto-ade that’s posted somewhere on the forum and I do take my vitamins. Full disclosure, I had gastric bypass almost 20 years ago. Still struggle with weight. It’s not about volume of food, it’s the types of food and always has been. If I could go back in time I would not have that surgery. My hunger signals have been screwed up ever since.

Working tonight, hope to get a nap in later today.

(KCKO, KCFO) #37

Hey, has anyone found some topics missing lately? I can not find the Zornfasts for 2020 after January when I search either through the search field or manually from the Fasting subforum page. I need to know if it is just me or is it just a problem with the server. I get a lot of error 500s lately.

Posting the May Zornfast thread for anyone who wants to do it.

(Bacon for the Win) #38

I was looking for those a few weeks ago. Didn’t see any Zornfast after Jan 2020. Thought maybe it wasn’t a thing anymore?

(Tamela Robinette) #39

I haven’t had any problems searching however, I couldn’t get on the forums for a couple of days. I kept getting error messages.

(Tamela Robinette) #40

How’s it going NelleG? This is the 1st time I’ve been able to get on the forum since our last post yesterday. I kept getting that error message. I am almost to 59 hours! Woo hoo! Although, I’ll admit yesterday evening was tough. My stomach was growling some kinda bad and I almost caved but then I thought about our deal and I said “no, I’m pushing through!” We got this!